StingTalk is equal or BETTER to the Hive in every way.

The Hive is the hive and StinGtalk is stingtalk. Both are there for GT supporters, friends and enemies. Let's enjoy both. Remember the days of the not too distant past when we had no boards to post and vent. Let's not ruin a good thing.

pdrums.gif

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by coldbeer:

... but given your lack of manners...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Skunkybeer,
You are a fine one to talk to someone about manners. I hear the only manners that you have are the one's that Goldtimer is going to slap into you!!!
bash.gif

tongue.gif
tongue.gif

By the way, shouldn't you be out burning books at a Barr rally??
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I thought you didn't bother to read the Hive beeware?

Originally posted by Dore-Dawg:
Also props are in order on the game predictions. Can't wait to start predicting games that have some meaning.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's time, D-D

I agree both boards have a place in GT sport and other topics that one may need to post. The Hive has it's place and Stingtalk has it's place. I lately have posted much more here than on the Hive but thats because of the subject matter.

bigthumbup.gif

Stingtalk is NOT anti-hive. 99% of all people on stingtalk are going to read what is on the hive.

98% are going to post on both but will probably choose one to post on more often.

I think it is great that the boards are a different format b/c it gives you variety.

I do like the looser policy over here, but sometimes I like the stringent policy over there (except when it is directed at me, hehe).

It is GREAT to have 2 different boards. I look forward to the day that we coexist like "territory" and "warchant". I think it will happen sooner than later

I occasionally post over here. However I do lurk over here. Why because I am a GT fan and enjoy finding and reading about GT. I just wish that we all would remember that each of us are GT fans (no apologies to those renegade poopies who post
tongue.gif
).

I've been a Hiver for a long time. In fact I would really have to dig to go back and remember the first year I first started lurking and later posting there. The internet, the Hive, and now StingTalk et. al. allow me to stay abreast of what is going on at GT. For that I am very thankful and hope that I can give back a little of the spirit and community that has been given so freely to me.

So I appreciate RR and for what we pay him, think he does an outstanding job. I have some computer project and project planning experience in my former emplyoment assingments before my retirement. Therefore I can appreciate the magnitude of the problem of moving 5000 user accounts from one server to another. Paritcularly to a server and software system that you are not intimately familiar with and doing it in you spare time.

So to all those who contriubte in any fashion, my hearfelt appreciation for making my enjoyment of life better. Thanks for being here StingTalk.

Originally posted by coldbeer:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by beeware:
The new hive seems to actually be a step back in a lot of ways. Obviously all the log in problems are due to the control freak nature of RR. His usual kiss-up followers will probably stay around but anyone not in the in crowd is likely to evolve over here to Stingtalk.
Stingtalk is a much better board technology wise and content wise, and as long as Beestorm and Gtfan don't develop RR's control freak nature...then I predict this board will continue to thrive and very likely surpass the hive in volume in the future. It already far outweighs the hive in quality.

bigthumbup.gif
to Stingtalk
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Once again you shown your total ignorance of anything logical. The Hive's log-in problems are due to the fact that RR is faced with moving over 5,000 accounts (usernames and passwords) to the new automated EZBoards format/system.

You can probably re-register for the Hive now, but given your lack of manners... I can't see you lasting very long once again.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">All I can tell you is that he's too busy to issue those thousand of new accounts but he's got enough time to go in and zap me again! I had an active global account on ezboard that worked on the new Hive... until this week!!! Now it says "you have been banned from this board".

Good ole RR, its good to see that I still get under your skin!!!!!

PS

thefinger.gif

Remember the famous quote, "Can't we just all get along?" That seems appropo for this situation. Since I live in NC and can't bee there for practices, games, tailgating, lunchbunching and such, I enjoy any and all info I can get on the Jackets. Two boards is great!!!
smile.gif
Keep up the good work. I thought we were all GT fans to begin with.

First Post on StingTalk...

I don't live in the Atlanta area. I enjoy every source of GT info I can get. I look forward to this board and the new Hive. Both boards are great in my opinion.
smile.gif
gatech-white-med.gif

Back