Stingtalk's Freedom of Speech Policy

BeeStorm

The Dark Side of the Force
Stingtalk\'s Freedom of Speech Policy

I guess it's time to bring this up again. Because I do not want to make myself a petty little dictator-administrator wielding the sword of political correctness for the good of the thought police, I have a HUGE freedom of speech policy here. You are free to speak your mind as long as it doesnt involve bashing a GaTech student athlete or breaking a law that would get my tush thrown into the county lockup.

With this policy comes the inevitable posts that will offend, embarrass, anger, etc. You have two options when this occurs.

1. You can ignore it and let it die off
2. You can respond and debate it

There is no third option of "Delete this post". And when you reply to a thread that you find offensive with a post like "delete this", the ONLY thing you are accomplishing is bumping it right back up to the top where it is in prime viewing position again.

I understand that things are going to be posted that you may consider wrong, inappropriate, etc. Trust me, I have read some things that have really angered me, and it would have been quite pleasureable and easy for me to delete them. But I am not going to do that. Be your own censor. If you don't want to read it, don't read it. But do not look for me to play Thought Police.

The most recent post that everyone seems to be up in arms about stated clearly in the topic the premise of the post. i.e. You were warned. If you choose to read it, that is the burden you must bear.

Have Fun!

wink.gif

Re: Stingtalk\'s Freedom of Speech Policy

If you're talking about the post I a**ume you are, why can't you at least move it to another forum, such as Off Topic, as it has nothing to do with FB other than the fact that the subject is a football player?

Since the readership in the other forums is much less (another a**umption), at least the embarassment would be minimized.

But, hey, you're the boss around here, and i respect your decision.

Yes, that I can do. Since it is a political post also, it fits into the Off-Topic forum.

I move Beeware's posts to the Women's Sewing Circle Forum all the time, so I've got a lot of practice.
grin.gif

The author of the post has the ability to edit/delete if he/she so chooses.

If someone were to read the thread I believe they would come away with the opinion that 99% of the people on this board are very sympathetic to the adversities facing this young man.

Sometimes one offensive post can raise the consciousness of the people who read it. I believe the thread would be more worrisome if it would have created a "lynch mob" mentality in favor of the original poster's views. In this case because the post drew such harsh criticism I do not think it is a problem.

However, we are always listening if someone wants to offer a different analysis.

Originally posted by BeeStorm:
Yes, that I can do. Since it is a political post also, it fits into the Off-Topic forum.

I move Beeware's posts to the Women's Sewing Circle Forum all the time, so I've got a lot of practice.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So that explains why I am having such a tough time finding Beeware's posts... Beeware... see you in the Sewing Room....

Does this freedom of speech policy mean I can post this picture whenever I want?

tongue.gif

screech2.jpg

Screech

By the way
bigthumbup.gif
on the policy.

Originally posted by kirbee:
[QB]Does this freedom of speech policy mean I can post this picture whenever I want?

tongue.gif

screech2.jpg

QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">There are limits to everything...
wink.gif

Originally posted by kirbee:
Does this freedom of speech policy mean I can post this picture whenever I want?

tongue.gif

screech2.jpg

Screech

By the way
bigthumbup.gif
on the policy.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh...my eyes...my eyes...help...help...help

For the love of God, Please don't ever do that again.

Thats an awesome looking Mr.Do! machine. Too bad there is a goober in the way. Can you repost with a clearer view of the arcade cabinet?

What's up, gnats? I don't see anything that bad.

My opinion is that the Musa Smith thread should have stayed here on the main board. It is connected to football, and as somebody above said, I'd like for visitors to see what 99% of Stingtalkers think about ethnic and religious prejudice.
On the other hand going down to the "Off-Topic" board gave me a rare chance to agree with Beeware, and to vent some rage.
I feel better now.
grin.gif

Originally posted by gnats 67:
öööö you!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">do you hate Mr.Do! that much??

I guess it's time to bring this up again. Because I do not want to make myself a petty little dictator-administrator wielding the sword of political correctness for the good of the thought police, I have a HUGE freedom of speech policy here. You are free to speak your mind as long as it doesnt involve bashing a GaTech student athlete or breaking a law that would get my tush thrown into the county lockup.

With this policy comes the inevitable posts that will offend, embarrass, anger, etc. You have two options when this occurs.

1. You can ignore it and let it die off
2. You can respond and debate it

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">EXACTLY!!! WHAT HE SAID!!!

That's why I will only post on StinGTalk as my exclusive GT board. (that and the fact I got kicked off that other board for defending my freedom of religious expression)
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS STINGTALK...

There is a huge difference between free speech and outright slander that makes the GT community look like idiots. Was he not attacking a student athlete?

Originally posted by gnats 67:
öööö you!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Oh yeah?

screech2.jpg

Originally posted by DaveTech:
There is a huge difference between free speech and outright slander that makes the GT community look like idiots. Was he not attacking a student athlete?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Read the rule again. It says Georgia Tech Student Athletes. And anyone that condemns the entire GT community for the post of one individual is an idiot anyway, so who cares what they think.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by DaveTech:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Read the rule again. It says Georgia Tech Student Athletes. And anyone that condemns the entire GT community for the post of one individual is an idiot anyway, so who cares what they think.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm a little confused.

Is it OK to slander each other (i.e. posters)?

smile.gif

Originally posted by DaveTech:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">slan·der Pronunciation Key (slndr)
n.
Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

I dont think you mean slander. It seems to me he gave HIS/HER opinion. Which was harshly criticized by the other posters.

Beestorm, there is a big difference between someone saying, "makes the GT community look like idiots" and saying someone "is an idiot."

Why does there seem to be a large amount of name calling and flaming going on here?

Back