Stingtalk's Freedom of Speech Policy

Re: Stingtalk\'s Freedom of Speech Policy

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
Beestorm, there is a big difference between someone saying, "makes the GT community look like idiots" and saying someone "is an idiot."

Why does there seem to be a large amount of name calling and flaming going on here?

It's getting out of control.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I hope it didn't look like I was calling DaveTech an idiot. I was speaking about anyone in general that reads a post and just assumes that entire GT community are a bunch of idiots based on that one post. And I really don't see a lot of flaming and name calling here. Conflict is a part of sports so naturally its going to raise its head on a Sports board but I think its a long way from getting out of hand. We are all individuals that are united behind a common team. Does that mean we want to swap spit in the shower with each other? Of course not. Outside of GaTech, I think we would be hard pressed to find any 2 users here that share 100% of the same views. Let's not get thin-skinned and take things so personal that we want to duke it out in those nice shiny new bathrooms at BDS. I am not building a Utopia here. I dont expect you all to wear white robes, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya. Chaos is just as natural as Order.
grin.gif

What scares me is that some of you guys are so afraid of nearly total freedom. Do you actually need for me to make some list of 10 or more rules so you will feel safer? I am NOT going to do that. This board will not be turned into a place where an individual's views must pass some litmus test of an inner circle of censors. Learn to love freedom. Don't be scared of it.

Beestorm, I was probably out of line saying it's out of control. Took that out of my earlier post. There is a good bit of name calling going on though.

And no I'm not suggesting you make more rules. I'm speaking out what I think. With no disrespect ment towards you. By speaking out, because I didn't particularly like your use of the word "idiot," I'm not being thin skinned. To be honest with you a lot of things on these boards I find offensive. I don't stay away and allow them to keep me from enjoying them because of my love for GT. I enjoy this place a great deal, but I'm not going to not speak out. Again from my view there has been a lot of name calling. Not by a lot of poster, but from a view that are loud. I'm not suggesting you do anything differently.

There are two things I can do. I can ignore it, or respond and debate it. I'm not suggesting you make a number 3 or 4 to that list.
grin.gif

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
I didn't particularly like your use of the word "idiot,"
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How did you interpret my use of the word idiot? Would you not agree that someone who reads one person's post and then draws the conclusion that the WHOLE GT community shares the same view is an idiot, moron, dawgfan, whatever word you want to insert here. I was not calling anyone in particular an idiot. Is that how you saw it?

Back