Straight from the horse's mouth

Tevin "The Wetumpka Miracle" Washington

Favorite Tevin Washington moment: 2012 against UVA. First offensive play of the game was a 70 yard passing TD from Tevin (wearing #40 for Burnett) to Laskey. Second play was a 3 yard rush from Laskey. Third play was a 77 rushing TD for Orwin. So we're lining up for our third possession and the announcers say something like "well the Yellow Jacket offense is averaging 50 yards per play right now - I'm guessing that average is going to drop here hahaha." Tevin proceeds to run a TO keeper for 60 yards on the next play. :lol2:

Favorite Tevin Washington moment: 2012 against UVA. First offensive play of the game was a 70 yard passing TD from Tevin (wearing #40 for Burnett) to Laskey. Second play was a 3 yard rush from Laskey. Third play was a 77 rushing TD for Orwin. So we're lining up for our third possession and the announcers say something like "well the Yellow Jacket offense is averaging 50 yards per play right now - I'm guessing that average is going to drop here hahaha." Tevin proceeds to run a TO keeper for 60 yards on the next play. :lol2:

I have to backfill some of the earlier CPJ seasons. I've got some older mid-80's to late 90's stuff, but that game would be a great add to the collection.

I have to backfill some of the earlier CPJ seasons. I've got some older mid-80's to late 90's stuff, but that game would be a great add to the collection.

Please do, I was scouring youtube to find the game feed (with announcers audio) but only came up with highlights haha.

Please do, I was scouring youtube to find the game feed (with announcers audio) but only came up with highlights haha.
I started in that season... my first response was "Really? I don't have that one???" I'll have to hit up the GTVA and see what they have.

MJ has the size and speed Tevin didn't have. If he learns to play the offense as well as Tevin did we'd be unstoppable.
I'm not convinced he's faster than Tevin. Definitely bigger.

Tevin's biggest drawback was probably passing velocity. That appears to be a MJ problem as well, based on limited looks. I'm not sure if that's something we can improve on with coaching or whether it's a natural thing.

Uncalled illegal block on the Orwin TD run?

Maybe. But makeup call from #ACCrefs was 2 years later vs VPI, against Deon Hill, on an 80-yard JT5 touchdown run.

We've gotten nabbed a few times on AB/DB cut blocks where the block was legal at the start but the defender turns as it's happening. That's what I remember from the play you referenced - probably didn't affect JTs run and wasn't from behind until the defender turned away from him during contact. I think this was called right before Smelter's long TD in the reverse against UNC in '15 too. IIRC Perkins did the same block on a DB that we do all the time and the guy turned away from him as he made contact. Announcers even commented that the DB did a good job of "drawing" the flag.

That's funny... you bitched and moaned the entire season Tevin started, proclaiming Vad Lee as our Lord and Savior. Remind me how that worked out for us?

U2cbxvP.gif

Maybe. But makeup call from #ACCrefs was 2 years later vs VPI, against Deon Hill, on an 80-yard JT5 touchdown run.

Didn't we win that one anyway, with the 4th down pass to Smelter, the pump and go on the next play to Smelter for a TD and the DJ pick that led to Butker's game winner?

Tevin lacked a consistent B-back. Matthew Jordan will have the best B-back since Adrian Peterson won CPJ 2 national championships at GSU and he can run the midline option (unlike the last 4 seasons QBs). I expect this year's offense to be utterly devastating--the best we've had since '98. We'll know by the third quarter of theUT game how our season will go. If we go on an 8 minute death march to end the third quarter, we're gonna win 10 games. If not, I expect our offense to still be good enough to win 8.

Reactions: eg1
I don't know dude. Dwyer was pretty damn good. If we get better production this year out of the B Back position than we got in 2009 ..... holy crap.

Back