Summers gone

GOL was as-good and beat the mutts 3x in a row.

GO'L vs Mutts: 3-5 in other words, 3 out of 8
94: Loss 10-48 his record as HC that year (0-3)
95: Loss 17-18 his record as HC that year (6-5)
96: Loss 10-19 his record as HC that year (5-6)
97: Loss 24-27 his record as HC that year (7-5)
98: Win 21-19 his record as HC that year (10-2)
99: Win 51-48 his record as HC that year (8-4)
00: Win 27-15 his record as HC that year (9-3)
01: Loss 17-31 his record as HC that year (7-5)

CPJ...well, 2 out of 7 ain't bad if you're trying to hit a baseball.

can you notice that if we beat them this year Johnson will have exactly the same record against Georgie as GO'L? please explain how he is so much worse again

Hey, hey, hey
Just think while you've been getting down and out about the liars and the dirty, dirty cheats of the world,
You could've been getting down to this sick beat.

[y]nfWlot6h_JM&autoplay=1[/y]

giphy.gif

Hey, hey, hey
Just think while you've been getting down and out about the liars and the dirty, dirty cheats of the world,
You could've been getting down to this sick beat.

[y]nfWlot6h_JM&autoplay=1[/y]

when you're down and out
lift up your head and shout

hey, summers is off the team!

Quality of Duke teams Johnson has lost to >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dogshit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the quality of Duke team Chan lost to

And the quality of the Puke teams Chan lost to >>>>> Puke teams Bill Lewis lost to.

Besides you, who else gives a öööö about Chan Gailey?

He is not 2-7 against UGAG, he is in his 8th year now. I am not happy about a lot that happened this year but, you tell me who we get better that wont jump the 1st time a big time program calls. It is easy to fire and hard to hire. GOL beat Donnan, big difference.

I know he's not 2-7.

He's 2 OF 7. As in, "We've beaten the mutts 2 of the 7 times we've played them with CPJ as HC."

Here's the thing - I'm not the AD so it's not my job to find replacement coaches....nor do I think it's worth discussing right now due to how fiscally stupid it'd be to get rid of CPJ now. We don't need to repeat the mistakes that killed our basketball program.

I'd just like to see the guy - an alleged Offensive Genius - make some changes to accommodate the team he has rather than the team he wishes he had. Why no shotgun for JT? Why no 2-min, no-huddle offense? Imagine the mind havoc he could wreak on DCs if he ran a hurry up?

For some reason, that has generated heaps of derision in this thread. The mere suggestion I initially made on page 6 - that the loss of Summers won't have an impact on this offense - hasn't actually been debated. Instead, just lots of playground name-calling and circle-jerking.

And for those who claim that "He deserves criticism for some things"...they're öööö quick to rush to his aid when anyone criticizes him for anything. It's comically hypocritical.

GT is not a Coaching Carousel school - that's a total myth. GOL was here almost a decade, Gailey was given too much time IMO, and Johnson's been here almost a decade too.

And the quality of the Puke teams Chan lost to >>>>> Puke teams Bill Lewis lost to.

Besides you, who else gives a öööö about Chan Gailey?

You brought him up dipshit

"I'm not sure Gailey ever lost twice to Duke"

I'd just like to see the guy - an alleged Offensive Genius - make some changes to accommodate the team he has rather than the team he wishes he had. Why no shotgun for JT? Why no 2-min, no-huddle offense? Imagine the mind havoc he could wreak on DCs if he ran a hurry up?
Fair enough.

We tried both shotgun and pistol with at least 2 different QB's. Both were a miserable failure. We're really good at running the option because we practice it so much, so I'm guessing the reason we are not good at passing is because we don't practice it a lot.

We are currently trying no-huddle, so why are you not giving him credit for that?

And for those who claim that "He deserves criticism for some things"...they're öööö quick to rush to his aid when anyone criticizes him for anything. It's comically hypocritical.
I'm just quick to point out how foolish it is when people fixate on our OFFENSE as a point of criticism. Our offense is ridiculously good for the talent we have. The same been true for basically every year of PJ's career. He's really good at coaching offense.

Now if you want to criticize his ability to coach defense, hire a good DC, or recruit top shelf talent, I'm listening. We've been consistently mediocre in those categories and it has kept us from being an elite program.

He's 2 OF 7. As in, "We've beaten the mutts 2 of the 7 times we've played them with CPJ as HC."

and Gailey beat them 0 out of 6 times

and OLeary beat them 3 out of 8 times

and L**** beat them 0 out of 2 times

and Ross beat them 2 out of 5 times

and so on...what exactly is your point? that Johnson didnt magically change the consistent relative strength of Georgie's football farm to Tech's student-athletes?

and Gailey beat them 0 out of 6 times

and OLeary beat them 3 out of 8 times

and L**** beat them 0 out of 2 times

and Ross beat them 2 out of 5 times

and so on...what exactly is your point? that Johnson didnt magically change the consistent relative strength of Georgie's football farm to Tech's student-athletes?

If you want to get to the root cause and ask the 5 whys and all of that crap about UGAg beating us, it would eventually lead to Dodd withdrawing us from the SEC in '64. UGAg was smart enough to veto our return because they have better football smarts than GT.

Just glancing through your posting history (took me 6 hours) I noticed a few items:

- You gave up on the team in 2012
- You posted on New Years Day in 2013
- You posted on New Years Eve in 2013
- You posted on Christmas Day in 2014
- You posted that our bowl streak was over in 2014

Why do you come back and use your computer to post on Stingtalk if you gave up on our team? Do you still have high hopes for the message board?

Also, by posting on 3 holidays is it safe to assume you are not super-social and did not have plans those days? (ramblinwreck92 did)

Finally, did our bowl streak end last year?

On a serious note, if you need some companionship during the holidays, I would be glad to have you over. I have a sick air mattress or we could futon it up. I don't usually reach out to strangers on the internet during the football season, but I can probably make an exception if I run it by my pep-pep.

Are you asking me to have pillow talk with you?

We tried changing our offense for Vad. I have nothing else to add to that comment.

We tried changing our offense for Vad. I have nothing else to add to that comment.

I often consider that if Vad had stayed then I'm certain he would have gotten injured in the Tulane game. Plus, we wouldn't have the memories of last year to keep us warm through this nightmare.

Back