Summers gone

Meh, he was okay but I've been hearing rumors for a while that he would transfer at season's end. Jeune clearly passed him as the #1 guy, and the current freshmen had a pretty good chance to supplant him next year.

Plus, weren't we all pissed at Vad in 2013 for not telling anyone about his plans so that he could keep his starting job? This way Summers steps aside and young guys get more PT right away.

No hard feelings here. If he doesn't finish his degree at GT, I hope he finishes it elsewhere and gets to play in an offense where he can succeed.

I wish him all the best. Sounds like he wants to be somewhere where he will get 15-20 passes a game.

He's already been passed by Jeune, and Stewart is not far behind. If you add in the redshirts, Summers would probably not be getting many opportunities for the rest of his career at Tech. It does hurt us for depth this season. Quitting early doesn't look good to possible transfer programs, so I would guess the situation is not playing out entirely to his liking.

Didn't he have a few critical catches for us this season? Not sure. This season is a blur.

I'm hoping that he's dropping football to focus on finish out his degree because I can't imagine that practice and classes are easy together.

His dad played for CPJ so this is actually very surprising to me.

His dad played at South Carolina State, I believe, so he didn't play for PJ. They do know each other well, since Micheal's dad works at Georgia Southern and was there when PJ was the head coach.

The two freshman WR (Philpott and Harland) are studs. This year will seem like a distant bad dream by this time next year.

86cal01.jpg

Dang guess I will have put up my white linen suit till next season!

The two freshman WR (Philpott and Harland) are studs. This year will seem like a distant bad dream by this time next year.

Agreed. If this year's taught me anything, it's that freshmen are always a solid choice over returning experience!

Back