Super League

Already tried this with an "alliance" with the Big 10 and Pac 12. The Pac 12 got gutted like a fish and B1G gobbled up the goods and ran. The ACC got left at the altar.
True, as usual, the ACC is nice, GT is nice and we nicely continue to get it handed to us.

ROFL again. Absolutely clueless. Herschel Walker was a coin flip from going into the military.

Every single NFL scout will reiterate what has been said 600 times in this thread. No way in hell will ANY NFL team risk a pick on an unproven HS player.

But keep on living in your own little world filled with tinfoil hat theories.

And here are the facts on Bo Jackson’s recruitment.

That's exactly why the NFL is "helping" to curate this. If the college system becomes useless for them, they will replace it. It's closer than we think.
I am starting to believe that every school outside the Big Trn and SEC should go back to the ncaa and create a football championship. A 12-0 GT winning multiple titles will get Gus’s attention. Just don’t watch these two conferences…

No, Herschel Walker was not a ööööing coin flip from going to the military. He was an EXTREMELY highly regarded recruit, moron. Bill Curry has even spoken about trying to recruit Herschel for Georgia Tech saying he "mistakenly believed that he could convince the Walker family about the benefits of a Georgia Tech education" making it clear they were looking for much, much more. I remember my middle school buddy Allen, big UGAg fan, coming to school and bragging that UGAg got Herschel. He was a phenom. The closed in end zone at UGAg is known to the older fans as the "house that Hershel built"

You're a ööööing idiot. A bonafide moron. You have no ööööing idea what in the hell you are talking about. Not a damn clue. Walker would have been BY FAR the best recruit in the history of our program, if a miracle had happened, and may have turned the tide for GT football. He was that damn good in HS and EVERYONE knew it.

And, douchebag, you said Alabama DID NOT OFFER Bo Jackson.
Hey dude, you got something on your chin there from slobbering on Herschel‘s knob so much.

Hey dude, you got something on your chin there from slobbering on Herschel‘s knob so much.
Yea, decades of being dominated by UGAg. GT is a comedy of bad decisions and dumbasses.

You said Alabama didn't offer. LITERALLY ONE COACH told him he would have to wait at Alabama. So you were absolutely wrong and I doubt you were even alive to see the recruitment of Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker. You are absolutely a ööööing moron who has no ööööing idea what you're talking about about.

And both those two players would have been the best player on the team the moment they stepped on the field in the NFL. Jackson would have ABSOLUTELY started for the Falcons over Lynn Cain or William Andrews. (I think that was our two at the time)

Holy hell, can you imagine an all Auburn backfield back then with William Andrews and Bo Jackson.

Holy hell, can you imagine an all Auburn backfield back then with William Andrews and Bo Jackson.

Agee and James were also great running backs when he was at Auburn. Auburn, for several years, probably had one of the greatest stables of running backs in CFB history.

Why couldn't the NFL just change their practice squad rules and have a special designation for guys within 3 years of high school?

Guys who flat cannot read should have a chance at the big show!
Makes you think: who is the last player who was ruled academically ineligible? That used to be a thing every bowl season, but now all of a sudden all the kids can play.

Why couldn't the NFL just change their practice squad rules and have a special designation for guys within 3 years of high school?

Guys who flat cannot read should have a chance at the big show!

They could, but why would they want to? A guy who has spent 3 years becoming famous is a lot more valuable to them than a guy who has spent 3 years on a practice squad. That's especially true given the quality of top college programs' facilities and training, which often rival NFL teams' these days.

Makes you think: who is the last player who was ruled academically ineligible? That used to be a thing every bowl season, but now all of a sudden all the kids can play.

I wonder if the advent of remote learning has made this much easier. It used to be you were in trouble if you didn't show up, and you still had to take tests on your own depending on the professor.

I bet now football players are set up with online for almost everything, and that makes it a lot easier to have someone else do your work.

I wonder if the advent of remote learning has made this much easier. It used to be you were in trouble if you didn't show up, and you still had to take tests on your own depending on the professor.

I bet now football players are set up with online for almost everything, and that makes it a lot easier to have someone else do your work.
I'm almost certain this is the case

Yes. The kid will sign a contract and “grow up” in their academy, go to school, and be professionally coached.

Of course, it’s also similar to basketball where an exceptional talent can play pro as a teenager. The physical difference between 18-22 years old isn’t the same as HS to the NFL (of course).
So a minor league could make sense and work. NFL teams could contract with universities to sign prospects for development, maybe even provide the NIL agreement to entice them. The NFL could have even more control of the college feeder system. How can you expect this to not happen? "Come on kid, sign with GT for XXX per year play college until we call you up with a bigger contract."

So a minor league could make sense and work. NFL teams could contract with universities to sign prospects for development, maybe even provide the NIL agreement to entice them. The NFL could have even more control of the college feeder system. How can you expect this to not happen? "Come on kid, sign with GT for XXX per year play college until we call you up with a bigger contract."

There already is a minor league—it’s college football. I don’t think the NFL cares where a kid plays college ball, nor do they want control of the “feeder system.” The NFL doesn’t need to spend $ to get a kid to play at a specific school nor can the pro team guarantee that they will “call you up” due to the draft, unless your suggesting a different plan where presumably the colleges are direct minor league affiliates of a pro team.

The system already works well for the NFL—kid plays in college for a few years, can be evaluated on film/in person and then potentially gets drafted/makes a practice squad as an FA, all at near zero cost to the NFL. Why would they want to change this?

But how would that happen with only 32 NFL teams and 70 P5 teams and however many G5 teams? If it’s only one NFL team getting one college team, that would create a bigger disparity than what already exists.

They could, but why would they want to? A guy who has spent 3 years becoming famous is a lot more valuable to them than a guy who has spent 3 years on a practice squad. That's especially true given the quality of top college programs' facilities and training, which often rival NFL teams' these days.
They don't want to NOW...but they could want too later.

3 or 4 years ago Stanford and Cal were sneering about how they didn't want any of the religious schools in the Big 12 in their conference. Then a few years later they had to grovel to get a öööö deal with schools at least 2500 miles away (before SMU joined) because nobody closer wanted to be in a conference with them.

Nobody knows what is going to happen just based on goofy sports öööö much less all the nonsense going on in the world at large.

They don't want to NOW...but they could want too later.

3 or 4 years ago Stanford and Cal were sneering about how they didn't want any of the religious schools in the Big 12 in their conference. Then a few years later they had to grovel to get a öööö deal with schools at least 2500 miles away (before SMU joined) because nobody closer wanted to be in a conference with them.

Nobody knows what is going to happen just based on goofy sports öööö much less all the nonsense going on in the world at large.
When were they sneering about religious schools in the Pac 12?

That’s not college football. That’s minor-league NFL, and I don’t give a rats ass about professional football. Bring back my college football please.

Back