Swinney rant

G776T

Not pastor material.
So CFP hasn't resolved a thing when it comes to being "fair" about who deserves the title shot. Imagine how Penn State and Auburn felt finishing second in the final rankings after having finished 12-0 (1994) and 13-0 (2004) respectively. Didn't even get a shot at the title then.
The big10/pac10 didn't join the bowl alliance or whatever the öööö is was called in 1994, winning the big10 meant going to the rose bowl.

In 2004 you had 3 undefeated teams somebody was going to get left out, but that seemed to be what galvanized the sec into the bullshit we see today, had auburn made it and gotten beat, we probably dont see the sec love we see today.

I seem to recall Bama retaining #1 when they had a schedule so mediocre that the media had to pump up an MSU team we beat up as a juggernaut to make their schedule look better.
Dabo basically complaining that Clemson doesn't get this same respect.

/

rain

Dodd-Like
I don't hate to say it. Clempson is my second-favorite team, and has been since I was in school in the 80's.
Not my second favorite team- but in my top 5. I usually pull for them unless we are playing them.

Jacket & Coke

Train Driver
So CFP hasn't resolved a thing when it comes to being "fair" about who deserves the title shot. Imagine how Penn State and Auburn felt finishing second in the final rankings after having finished 12-0 (1994) and 13-0 (2004) respectively. Didn't even get a shot at the title then.
Auburn was on probation. The system we have now is better than any we've ever had.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
Within the next 8 years the playoffs will expand. I’m guessing 8 or 12. It has nothing to do with fairness or who is ranked where. It’s about one thing - MONEY! That is what they expanded to 4 from 2. Not because of some perceived unfairness, but because they saw the money being brought in. The 3 playoff games have totally taken the aura of any bowl game away. Players sit out and teams don’t care (ala UGA last year). As the gulf grows between the 3 playoff games and all other bowls they’ll see the money and go for it. They’ll guise it “fairness and inclusion” to sell it but that’s just an excuse to make money. The good thing is their greed will get us want we want and the non-factories will get what they always want - a shot. It wasn’t long ago where sports editors were voting for a champ. It will be a much shorter time frame to expansion.

gt2690b

PB time!
Money is the reason sec teams are ranked so high.. UGAg went 1-1 vs common sec Clemson opponents and they are almost ranked the same even though Clemson blew them both out of the water.. just imagine how different the rankings would be if Miami beat uf like they should have sadly they’d sweep it under the rug anyway

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Other teams leapfrogged for television ratings of key games. No other reason.
This is why I support players getting paid... because the "amateur" sport committee puts a finger on the playoff scale to pump up revenue.

I wish Bama had beaten Auburn because the committee would have left them out without Tua playing, for maximum schadenfreude.