Tailgate food and drink???

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I am going to buy a Coleman roadtrip grill and do hotdogs hamburgers to start out Auwbern. I will use that as a trial and decide from there.
I might just try YodaBee's dish.
Regardless of what I do at the tailgate I will be ready to scream, yell and cheer for the Jackets. And of course yell "To Hell with Georgia" when ever appropriate.

Price Memorial Gold

Yeah...we definitely need about a half dozen
rubber chickens that we can paint blue and orange!

Originally posted by ContactBuzz:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
I believe we might be frying chicken at the AU
tailgate.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Should we get a few of those rubber chickens for the tailgate? If I'm going to be sleeping on the couch that week, I want to make sure that I earned it.
wink.gif

m2.jpg
WAR RUBBER CHICKEN, BABY!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Originally posted by 83jacket:
Hemlock for Beebad and Ms TA.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I would expect this from a UGAG fan but never did I think this would come out of a GT fan - or are you really a DAWG? Sounds like it!
soapbox.gif

For me, the ultimate GT tailgate experience starts at Mac's Beer and Wine. At this point, it really comes down to two things: Jim Beam or Cap'n Morgan. Either way, we're mixing with Coke.

I make some of the best chicken sandwiches in the world, so our meal usually consists of lighting up the Smokey Joe and cooking those. For those special games (e.g. Auburn), I will marinate brats in Shlitz the night before and grill these as well. Along with the meat, we usually add some Zapps chips.

Post game beverages must also be available, and nothing makes the drive home better than a 16 oz. serving of Yoo Hoo.

Contact Buzz - the naming issue re: WreckBalaya

It is my experience that if you actually call a dish "Jambalya" (sp?) then there's always some loud mouth horses a$$ that shows up and says "That's not real jambalaya" And then he or she goes on a 15 minute crusade about how they know real jambalaya b/c of this or that "Who Cares" reason.

Having said that, real Jambalaya is all cooked together in 1 pot and involves veggie oil, more white pepper than I like and you aren't using a Box of Zartrain (sp?) to make it, or a box of anything else for that matter. And I don't like it as much as my hybrid dish.

So, I just call it WreckBalya and I can put whatever the heck I want in it. Cuts the "Cajun Expert" commentary factor out completely.

PMG, you hit me right in the sweet spot. Unlike you, though, I try to be as extravagant as possible. I believe we're adding a satellite dish, TV and generator to the tailgate mix this year

Next to the first site of the field as I'm walking up the stairs to my seat on gameday, the pre-game AND post-game tailgate are my favorite parts of gameday.

I'll be pulling my Big Green Egg down to the student center for every game this year. Favorite dishes include:

- Pulled pork (Boston Butt) with my homemade sauces
- jack-n-coke
- Fajita wings
- jack-n-coke
- Atomic buffalo turds - jalapenos stuffed w/ cream cheese and pulled pork wrapped with bacon
- jack-n-coke
- Baby back ribs in a plum barbecue sauce
- topped of with a nice jack-n-coke

Post-game tailgate usually includes leftover sweets, chips, and any remaining alcohol.

Good gosh, I'm getting excited!

Originally posted by YodaBee:
Contact Buzz - the naming issue re: WreckBalaya

It is my experience that if you actually call a dish "Jambalya" (sp?) then there's always some loud mouth horses a$$ that shows up and says "That's not real jambalaya" And then he or she goes on a 15 minute crusade about how they know real jambalaya b/c of this or that "Who Cares" reason.

Having said that, real Jambalaya is all cooked together in 1 pot and involves veggie oil, more white pepper than I like and you aren't using a Box of Zartrain (sp?) to make it, or a box of anything else for that matter. And I don't like it as much as my hybrid dish.

So, I just call it WreckBalya and I can put whatever the heck I want in it. Cuts the "Cajun Expert" commentary factor out completely.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Trust me, I'm not one of those horses' arses that goes around performing jambalaya QA tests. The recipe you posted looked pretty good (to a non-Cajun).

Apparently, my groups tailgate will have themes this year so unless L$U pops on the schedule, I don't foresee any jambalaya at our tailgate.

Geez - all of this makes me wish I didn't have to work right before every game.
frown.gif
Maybe towards the end of the season I can join y'all.

Laughable Ms TA. It appears to me you are lacking in a sense of humor. On top of that you go on and on about posters resorting to name calling and questioning the veracity of one's standing as a GT fan and then you go and do the same thing!

Back