Talent

Recruiting is not our big problem, retention is. We need to find ways to keep our juniors.

It's happening less now that they were all recruited by PJ. Of those that were juniors last year and won't be back, one went to draft early, one had a possibly career ending injury and one was pushed out for disciplinary reasons.

We also have 9 seniors in the 2 deep, 6 starting, so at least the numbers there are going up as well. The number of true and RS seniors we'll have next year that will see playing time this year is HUGE (assuming no one leaves, then it will merely be big).

I never mentioned a specific coaching staff, blamed anyone, or made excuses. I only said the recruiting at TECH must improve. Obviously, the recruiting duty is presently CPJs.

Don't hold your breath. It WON'T happen no matter who the coach at GT is. Unless academic standards are lowered or we add a bunch of easy majors...no chance. Not worth bitching about.

Wow... we went from bragging about (potentially) being the only school to have 3 wide-outs drafted in the first round in five years to having lousy talent. The sky is always falling on this board.

Wow... we went from bragging about (potentially) being the only school to have 3 wide-outs drafted in the first round in five years to having lousy talent. The sky is always falling on this board.

Shocking. :squint:

Don't hold your breath. It WON'T happen no matter who the coach at GT is. Unless academic standards are lowered or we add a bunch of easy majors...no chance. Not worth bitching about.

I don't think it's even as bad as all that. I'm fairly hopeful that the classes that happened after the ones that were eligible for this draft did get better.

This. Kinda fun to watch actually.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

By the way, I bet we have 5 guys drafted next year. Mark it down.

Sims leaving early???? drafted???

But I thought the same thing about Stephen Hill so what do I know?

Jemea and Sweeting, TJ, Orwin, Izaan or Sims (it'll be late, but one of these 2). If Uzzi is cleared, he could also be a mid round guy (bc of the knees).

Recruiting is not our big problem, retention is. We need to find ways to keep our juniors.

There is not much you can do to retain juniors who are first or second round material from leaving early, except recruit players who don't have any shot at all in the NFL.

Other juniors bailing out early is a different matter.

If we have a team with no seniors because all our juniors are getting drafted in the first or second round then I think we could do okay.

I can see Sweeting, Barnes (with a good year), Uzzi (if cleared), Cross getting drafted. They all probably stand a pretty darn good chance.

Others that could get drafted: Attaouchu, Orwin, Young, Jamea Thomas. Could see a team taking a chance on Orwin in a later round, but more likely free agent. Pretty sure Attaouchu is as good as gone unless he has a terrible year. Thomas may be a bit too short to play. All in all, we may be cursing our level of talent next year when we're missing all these guys.

what? you guys are crazy. TJ Barnes would have to have a year like Terrance Cody to get drafted and that ain't going to happen. He won't even be a full time player, is fat, too slow and gets blown off the ball by NCAA lineman. Please I swear what are some of you watching?

Sims. No Way, not after next year and maybe not at all.

The only guys with any NFL potential, are Sweeting, Smith and maybe Cross; and I wouldn't be surprised is Smith goes undrafted because he is a tweener and his position is impossible to translate easily. Cross would need a big year and sweeting has a mid to late round chance. Oh I forgot Uzzi, he has a shot. But gaurds typically go later in the drafts, so I put him in the 4th/5th round too. Our system is punishing for OL projections.

Wait, huh?

Hill went early. CPJ's first big draft year is next year, isn't it?

... Our system is punishing for OL projections.

Sounds like what everyone said 3 years ago about WR's... if you're good you're good.. doesnt f'in matter what "system" you're in.. im so sick of hearing sh!t like this from our own fans.. when's teh last time we had any OL go early??? i dont know of any... has nothing to do with "system"... i think your "system" does not work on message boards.. u should probably not post again

So, if it is a given that recruiting cannot improve, then the only way to improve would be through improved coaching?

what? you guys are crazy. TJ Barnes would have to have a year like Terrance Cody to get drafted and that ain't going to happen. He won't even be a full time player, is fat, too slow and gets blown off the ball by NCAA lineman. Please I swear what are some of you watching?

Sims. No Way, not after next year and maybe not at all.

The only guys with any NFL potential, are Sweeting, Smith and maybe Cross; and I wouldn't be surprised is Smith goes undrafted because he is a tweener and his position is impossible to translate easily. Cross would need a big year and sweeting has a mid to late round chance. Oh I forgot Uzzi, he has a shot. But gaurds typically go later in the drafts, so I put him in the 4th/5th round too. Our system is punishing for OL projections.

What about Attouchu? Maybe not going early but has decent draft potential, only thing is he may be a bit shorter than most NFL 3-4 OLB, but I could also be remembering wrong.

Back