Talent

So, if it is a given that recruiting cannot improve, then the only way to improve would be through improved coaching?

Yep, that's my take. We can have an outlier year here and there but in the current landscape we won't significantly improve our recruiting no matter who the coach is.

I think our talent has improved significantly from 1-80. We may not have a Dwyer or Derrick Morgan on the team, but CPJ is putting a pretty deep roster together.

Sims get drafted? He better step it up and get 1000 yards if he wants to get drafted.

Jemea? I love Jemea, but he's tiny.

I think our talent has improved significantly from 1-80. We may not have a Dwyer or Derrick Morgan on the team, but CPJ is putting a pretty deep roster together.
I agree. I also think its been the 'weakest links' that have caused us the most problems - and that the depth we are building is making big strides in eliminating that problem.

If I have to choose between having a superstar in one spot and a gaping hole in another OR having solid depth with no real weak spots I'll take the solid depth. A superstar can't make up for what a glaring weakness will cost you.

I think I would be interested in the numbers that VPI puts in the league

We need majors that football players are interested in.

Don't have to be crib majors. Just things that they'd like to study.

We need majors that football players are interested in.

Don't have to be crib majors. Just things that they'd like to study.

Like business and finance? It seems to me that they are going for the money, that should be what they want to study so that a former Georgia coach doesn't take all of it from them. I could see adding some classes in sports business and maybe make that a program, but I don't think we need to alter anything drastically. We're not going to add Parks and Rec or some of the other really silly majors that I see under the Clemson players names. Those are the ones you have to add to draw them and most of those kids couldn't get past the Hill.

Was Dave Braine right?

“Georgia Tech can win nine or 10 games. They will never do that consistently. That's my feeling ... because of the type of program this is.”

Was Dave Braine right?

“Georgia Tech can win nine or 10 games. They will never do that consistently. That's my feeling ... because of the type of program this is.”

So far the numbers say he's right. But if nothing ever changed just think how boring this world would be.

Back