Talk on Hive regarding coaching changes.

Stateline, first of all none of them read about the hire and assignments. They know of the hire and the asignments.

I know you didn't ask me. Find is interesting in who you did ask.

Big Buck, that's ludicrous. Noone can recruit
every kid in the state with grades. I'm sorry
but I don't put much stock in that particular
story.

Do the HS coaches hate UGA for letting their kids
leave the state?

Unless CCG flat out told them he didn't want their
kids there is no reason for them to carry a grudge.

If they do, its more their problem than CCG's.

Assistant coaches are the backbone, foundation and future of a program. I've always believed that great Head Coaches surround themselves with the best assistants who can make things happen. You have to or you DON'T SUCCEED. As in the Corporate life, Presidents and CEO's surround themselves with superior managers, they drive the success of the company. That's a fact, we're the worker bees!

Head coaches can get away with being average if their assistants are superior in their position responsibilities and recruiting. It is of the utmost importance that Tech in particular always do that because our curriculum will limit us at at times.

Therefore, if you have great assistant coaches who can recruit and develop less then bluechip athletes to be good and compete - we can be competitive and win ballgames. Coach Ross was good at this. We can get bluechippers at Tech but not as many as most because of curriculum.

It's the other guys that come in that have the need to be developed more and coached up with the ability of the coach to see a players needs in his development. To coach up, these assistants need to be great teachers, communicators and developers and have insight into the college game and everything that goes with it.

And please, anyone who says this board does not want Gailey to succeed is wrong - if he succeeds our beloved GT does ... as far as I'm concerned that's all that counts. This success has to come from making good decisions in everything he does. Good assistant coaches are his bread and butter and it would always be in his best interest to get the best out there for the benefit of this program.

Time will determine here if that has happened. He had to have learned something from his first year, we all did.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
Assistant coaches are the backbone, foundation and future of a program. I've always believed that great Head Coaches surround themselves with the best assistants who can make things happen. You have to or you DON'T SUCCEED. As in the Corporate life, Presidents and CEO's surround themselves with superior managers, they drive the success of the company. That's a fact, we're the worker bees!

Head coaches can get away with being average if their assistants are superior in their position responsibilities and recruiting. It is of the utmost importance that Tech in particular always do that because our curriculum will limit us at at times.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MsTechAnalysis,

I agree with your post, but from my experience, CEO's surround themselves with like-talent levels. If a CEO is superior in his skills, you will see him surrounded by staff members of the same potential. While you may see a few marginally talented, it won't be many.

Seldom does a marginal CEO bring in or retain high potential direct reports.

71Bee ... agree with you on CEO's - I guess my point is, they are knowing enough that they will find and put in place only those that bring similar positive traits and work their butts off while making good things happen.

CEO's direct while those below are 'hands-on' and can ultimately be the ones that make or break you. Chan is our CEO and those below him can make or break him and our program.

Thanks for you input.

GEORGIA TECH FOOTBALL STAFF

Chan Gailey, Head Coach

Joe D'Alessandris, Offensive Line

Buddy Geis, Passing Game Coordinator/Wide Receivers

Brick Haley, Linebackers

Curtis Modkins, Running Backs

Patrick Nix, Running Game Coordinator/Quarterbacks

Tommie Robinson, Tight Ends

Glenn Spencer, Defensive Line

Jon Tenuta, Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs

David Wilson, Special Teams/Recruiting Coordinator

Great post FH! We should all be behind our new coaching staff until they give us valid and consistent reason for NOT supporting them. We certainly gave Ross and O'Leary time to put together their staff and bring in their players and institute their philosophy. Our coaching staff is just BEGINNING to get things the way they want them. Let's give them time to bear some fruit.

I for one believe they will bear good fruit.

this will all be moot after the 2003 season, so dont worry, we just go thru the motions for this season until we can remedy the situation.

TML said
this will all be moot after the 2003 season, so dont worry, we just go thru the motions for this season until we can remedy the situation.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm not sure to whom you refer when you say "we," but don't speak for me or for the coaching staff and players. I will be cheering and supporting the whole year through. I'm for changes when the situation dictates, and I have voiced frustrations and concerns on this very board. But the bottom line is that the staff for 2003-2004 is in place and the individuals are geared for success.

AS for the players, I'm sure they would love to have a meeting with a fan who says they are just going through the motions.

I know your point is that the results are already in stone and that this is a wasteful year serving only as a frame of time until changes are made. I'm glad the players, the coaches, and most of the fans don't see it that way.

Back