Tarholes -13

We cover.
This is a trap game for us mentally

We have to stay focused and disciplined in all phases

We cannot relax and assume that since we are playing Conference foes that are lesser than Clemson then we can let up

Each opponent presents their own unique challenges

Our mindset needs to be, forget the opponent, and compete vs perfection

In boxing they say "styles make fights" , UNC 's style might present a tougher challenge than Clemson

It would be great for the City for us to turn in a great effort and upset them at the Dome

Sounds about right for a line. I still think we need to play to limit their possessions and try to keep their offense out of sync. The VT game was ugly for them.

We cannot relax and assume that since we are playing Conference foes that are lesser than Clemson then we can let up

In boxing they say "styles make fights" , UNC 's style might present a tougher challenge than Clemson

It would be great for the City for us to turn in a great effort and upset them at the Dome

If we can't come out focused for a primetime game against a ranked team and projected division favorites, we've got serious issues.

Not sure it’s a trap game as they are ranked. But I also agree about the styles part. They very well could be a bigger challenge than Clemson. The QB is what scares me about them.

Their QB has not seen anyone like Biggers. Hopefully he sees him up close Saturday. We need to line Biggers up directly over their center. Biggers should be motivated since he is from NC.

I was happy to see the effort and defensive scheme against CU and it certainly caught Dabo and Co. off-guard. Offensively, we had some chances, but FG’s didn’t beat CU and won‘t beat UNC. Like with the last game, if we can stay within 2-3 scores it will be a step in the right direction. I would love to get the win, but i am afraid we can’t score enough.

If we can't come out focused for a primetime game against a ranked team and projected division favorites, we've got serious issues.
The season opener all 3 phases came out flat and disinterested and we played lazy, uninspired FB

That's why I worry about it being a trap game after having a little success vs Clemson, can we put 2 games together where we are mentally tough?

We haven't been a mentally tough FB Program since GOL left

The season opener all 3 phases came out flat and disinterested and we played lazy, uninspired FB

That's why I worry about it being a trap game after having a little success vs Clemson, can we put 2 games together where we are mentally tough?

We haven't been a mentally tough FB Program since GOL left

Can't argue with how we played in the NIU game. This is a much bigger matchup, though. Conference game, in MBS, ranked team, etc.

We could certainly lay an egg, but I don't see it as a trap game, especially with Pitt on the schedule the following week.

Can't argue with how we played in the NIU game. This is a much bigger matchup, though. Conference game, in MBS, ranked team, etc.

We could certainly lay an egg, but I don't see it as a trap game, especially with Pitt on the schedule the following week.
Maybe my definition of trap Game is confusing

After surprising everyone by staying close to Clemson, I don't want the guys to lose focus and assume that since UNC is less than Clemson that we can relax, let up, or assume that we can hold them to 14 pts also

UNC can score 40 on anyone, Clemson cannot, we have to assume they are more dangerous than Clemson

After surprising everyone by staying close to Clemson, I don't want the guys to lose focus and assume that since UNC is less than Clemson that we can relax, let up, or assume that we can hold them to 14 pts or also

UNC can score 40 on anyone, Clemson cannot, we have to assume they are more dangerous than Clemson

I get what you're saying. I'd hope that the team has plenty of motivation and reason to be focused for this game. We're not an accomplished enough team to take anyone lightly, as the NIU game showed.

I would not expect us to cover. UNC throws the deep ball extremely well. When Clemson showed it could not throw deep we were able to clamp down on them. We have been vulnerable in past seasons to deep routes, often with safety help coming late. Once you hurt us deep, we play enough off the ball to get hurt by draws and underneath routes. I don’t see our offense ready to win a shootout. 45-24 would be my guess.

I don’t mean this negatively. I would love to beat UNC or at least keep it close. But, I am guilty of looking ahead. I think Pitt at home and Duke at Durham are winnable. After the opening debacle finishing the first half 3-3 would be a sign of progress.

I would not expect us to cover. UNC throws the deep ball extremely well. When Clemson showed it could not throw deep we were able to clamp down on them. We have been vulnerable in past seasons to deep routes, often with safety help coming late. Once you hurt us deep, we play enough off the ball to get hurt by draws and underneath routes. I don’t see our offense ready to win a shootout. 45-24 would be my guess.

I don’t mean this negatively. I would love to beat UNC or at least keep it close. But, I am guilty of looking ahead. I think Pitt at home and Duke at Durham are winnable. After the opening debacle finishing the first half 3-3 would be a sign of progress.
It pains me to agree with this but this is exactly what I think also.

After surprising everyone by staying close to Clemson, I don't want the guys to lose focus and assume that since UNC is less than Clemson that we can relax, let up, or assume that we can hold them to 14 pts also

Here is hoping our defense is significantly better than VT's, who got 3 picks against Howell.

Back