TD Roof to Indiana

Indiana is pretty much on a par with us now, football wise. Hell, they're B10.

I figured he'd want to stay. If we land with a 3-4 dc, he's going to get a lot of pt

Probably the best move for him, just get the hell away from all the drama.

What drama? Ted had a 5 year stint at GT, which is a pretty decent amount of time for a DC. A lot of HC's don't last that long, much less coordinators. This was Ted's longest coaching stint anywhere. He was let go in the gentlest, classiest way possible and everyone wished him well. That said, I'm sure playing for his dad was the major reason TD chose GT, so I'm not surprised and I don't blame him for looking elsewhere. There may be some hurt feelings behind the scenes, but I am not seeing drama in this situation.

Last edited:
What drama?
To a teenager who planned on playing for his Dad for 4 years to having his Dad being shown the door, I imagine the drama is quite significant. Or, you could count the number and proportion of the last 2,000 Stingtalk posts related to our DC situation.

To a teenager who planned on playing for his Dad for 4 years to having his Dad being shown the door, I imagine the drama is quite significant. Or, you could count the number and proportion of the last 2,000 Stingtalk posts related to our DC situation.

I guess. But as a coach's kid, he had to know the possibility. Ted Roof has bounced around a lot. I don't discount that he may be disappointed, but I also suspect the Roofs know it's part of the deal.

I bet the Swillings actually love Tech unlike the Roofs.
1r1otm.jpg

Seriously, do you really expect the defense to improve with a new DC? There isn't any history of a strong defense under CPJ. I think TR anger is misplaced. He can only do so much with the talent level here.

I don't care enough to look it up, and I don't necessarily disagree with you 100%, but I feel like the handful of "big name" recruits we get tend to be on the defensive side of the ball. Just spitballing here, but Vic Alexander, Anree Saint-Amour, that JUCO DL (?Whitehead), AJ Gray, Stephen Tuitt. I don't follow recruiting too closely, but I always feel like the defensive side gets the bulk of the "4*" guys?

Back