"Team" catching on ...

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
Just read one of the articles from today's Sting Daily and thought this was really encouraging (from Peters):

"We're finding a collective attitude," the fifth-year senior said. "We have a better sense of togetherness and more excitement about what we can do because we've seen how we can get better. We want to sustain a higher level of defense, a higher level of energy, a higher level of passion.

The whole article is here.

Thanks for linking. I unsubscribed after football season was over and will re-subscribe. Good article.

I like where this is headed. The most frustrating thing about many of last seasons losses was that it wasn't because we were being outplayed, it was because we weren't playing. It seems like our coaches are doing a good job of turning this around.

Pretty sure this was the type of "talk" I read last year too. Frankly, I won't get excited about this type of talk anymore. As CPJ likes to say: "show me".

Walked through Bobby Dodd yesterday and saw a bunch of kids just doing drills on their own. This is always a good sign.

It shouldn't be too hard to find one. I remember reading about how the 3-4 was "starting to make sense" or something along those lines.

Pretty sure this was the type of "talk" I read last year too. Frankly, I won't get excited about this type of talk anymore. As CPJ likes to say: "show me".

IIRC the talk out of practice last year was lack of focus and intensity. Folks going through the motions. From the limited info we're getting, that doesn't seem to be the case this time around.

Like ThisisAtlanta said, the most painful part of last wasn't the W's and L's, it was the lack of fire in this team. We've never been the most talented, but I've always been proud of how hard our guys work and how much heart they have. Couldn't say that about last year's team.

It shouldn't be too hard to find one. I remember reading about how the 3-4 was "starting to make sense" or something along those lines.

I wasn't referencing that aspect of the defense, I was referencing that these guys are coming together as a unit and working TOGETHER and are FIRED UP, which is a huge change from last year.

Show me one those articles.

If the AJC didn't butcher Wordpress's archiving feature, I probably could very easily.

Let's flip it. Have you ever seen any article quoting players last year before the season started that said anything negative? That there was a lot more "individual attitude" instead of "collective attitude"? What do you expect the players to say when on record? :facepalm:

If the AJC didn't butcher Wordpress's archiving feature, I probably could very easily.

Let's flip it. Have you ever seen any article quoting players last year before the season started that said anything negative? That there was a lot more "individual attitude" instead of "collective attitude"? What do you expect the players to say when on record? :facepalm:

Actually, players did allude to that ...

There was a lot of talk about the NEED for it, hence CPJ's show me. There was not much talk of "we're doing it."

I remember two distinct articles last preseason that were player spotlights and they were both very positive. One was about how Anthony Egbuniwe was loving the switch to OLB and how it fit his "athleticism" to a T. The other was a similar article about A.T. Barnes, which said essentially the same thing. We all know how "perfect" they were for the position.

I also remember CPJ, himself, high on the OL before the season. There were positive stories about AA and how he was perfectly suited for Bback. Well, he was, but it took him half a season to figure it out.

Oh, and lest we forget the press going ape **** about Hill as the "next Bay Bay."

I'm in the "show me" boat, too.

I remember two distinct articles last preseason that were player spotlights and they were both very positive. One was about how Anthony Egbuniwe was loving the switch to OLB and how it fit his "athleticism" to a T. The other was a similar article about A.T. Barnes, which said essentially the same thing. We all know how "perfect" they were for the position.

I also remember CPJ, himself, high on the OL before the season. There were positive stories about AA and how he was perfectly suited for Bback. Well, he was, but it took him half a season to figure it out.

Oh, and lest we forget the press going ape **** about Hill as the "next Bay Bay."

Good, ****ing grief.

:crybaby:

No one thought Hill was going to replace Bay-Bay's production, btw.

There is a difference between being suited for a position and actually living up to it. 41 was well suited for OLB, he just ran himself out of the play every time and didn't accomplish much. The OL probably had the biggest discrepancy, though the in-season injuries really screwed stuff up.

sooo, is this the same as when they said last year they were switching from a "hurt" to "kill" attitude?

or how the offense last year had been working on passing and expected to be better?

It's all just pre-season "fluff".

Even CPJ alluded to that something was not quite right about this team with his phrase "this may be a better team, but may have a worst a record." Name another head coach who say like this?

Back