Tech -42.5 vs VMI

Prob should have moved this game to MBS for ND at BDS. 100% chance of Thunderstorms and heavy rainfall (remnants of the hurricane in the gulf) per weather.com. 70% per noaa.gov. Guess I should check Accuweather as well…..

Oh great! Lightning delays might turn this into an 8-hour game with a running clock in an empty stadium. Just move it to the practice facility if the weather is bad.

Oh great! Lightning delays might turn this into an 8-hour game with a running clock in an empty stadium. Just move it to the practice facility if the weather is bad.
Since Mrs Rules is in Alaska I’m taking Grandrules Sr. to the tailgate and game. I’ll make a late determination after checking the forecast before kickoff. The way thunderstorms go around here you can never tell what part of the day will be stormy until the day of.

Prob should have moved this game to MBS for ND at BDS. 100% chance of Thunderstorms and heavy rainfall (remnants of the hurricane in the gulf) per weather.com. 70% per noaa.gov. Guess I should check Accuweather as well…..
That spread is looking really high now. Might be a lot of passing in this game.

this. lightning delays are the dumbest thing ever. wash out plus delays. no bueno.

Lightining is absolutely a good reason to delay a game
Suggesting games be held at a practice facility is silly
Tina need to quit whining so much, you're supposed to be fans, not old, tea-sipping ladies wearing pullups

No way we cover this spread. CBK will be emptying the bench and giving guys rest.
Agree. Louisville gets a bye week to prepare for us and get healthy. We need to turn this into a scrimmage and avoid injuries.

Lightining is absolutely a good reason to delay a game
Suggesting games be held at a practice facility is silly

Has anybody (Lee Corso’s rental car notwithstanding) ever been injured by lightning at a CFB game? The whole “we’re going to delay 20 more minutes every time we see lightning within some number of miles of a game” is silly.

Obviously playing the game in our 80 yard practice facility with no stands is a dumb idea.

I’ve got good rain gear, so if they’ll play the game I’ll be there to watch it.

JRjr

Has anybody (Lee Corso’s rental car notwithstanding) ever been injured by lightning at a CFB game? The whole “we’re going to delay 20 more minutes every time we see lightning within some number of miles of a game” is silly.

Obviously playing the game in our 80 yard practice facility with no stands is a dumb idea.

JRjr
Repeating the same blahs blahs that you have already posted doesn't make it less stupid to ignore potential safety risks that could occur in the future.

Lightning has injured and killed many people, regardless of whether at a college football game.

Anyway, at hang out a short distance from a really tall person. Dont be the tallest in your area.

JRjr

1726151298684.png

More people die of lightning strike than by shark attack. Would you tell a whole stadium of people to get in the water after a shark sighting? Only if you wanna be liable

JRjr

Does NFL count? Or Japan?

I'm guessing it's not too frequent, and rarely in the actual stadium, specifically because of the safety precautions in place to prevent it from happening

Friends of mine who played offensive line at Savannah Christian loved having Billy Grother as their coach. (may not be spelling his name right)
"Coach, was that lightning?" (with a clear blue sky)
"OK, take it inside. Saw a guy get hit by lightning once."

Back