Tech and the 12-Team Playoff

Will Tech Make the CFP In the Next 15 Years?

• Total voters
But will the Mets make the playoffs in the next 15 years? Be honest. No. No they won’t. :lol2:

As for GT, we finally have leadership that wants to win. Hopefully we can make that happen.
Tech makes playoffs before Mets.
Not to derail this off the rails discussion, but the Mets lack any vision or realistic path forward. It is hodge hodge and being made up as it goes. I am confident Tech shows up in the playoffs before the Mets.

But will the Mets make the playoffs in the next 15 years? Be honest. No. No they won’t. :lol2:

As for GT, we finally have leadership that wants to win. Hopefully we can make that happen.

Just wait until we get that NL West invite, things will change

I think we have the best QB in the ACC, and have a great shot at winning the ACC and getting into the playoffs. Look at the history of our program, at least in my lifetime. Great QB play gives us a chance. JT and Nesbitt in CPJ offenses, Godsey, Hamilton, and Jones in Friedgen’s offenses were either winning championships or competing for them. I’m excited, I feel like we at least have a shot.

I think we have the best QB in the ACC, and have a great shot at winning the ACC and getting into the playoffs. Look at the history of our program, at least in my lifetime. Great QB play gives us a chance. JT and Nesbitt in CPJ offenses, Godsey, Hamilton, and Jones in Friedgen’s offenses were either winning championships or competing for them. I’m excited, I feel like we at least have a shot.
The shot is all I ask for. If there are better teams than knock us out or whatever I’m okay with that. I’m not okay with a poorly run öööö show clown program

If the playoff rules remain the same as they are, then absolutely Tech gets in. Everyone is upset about NIL and the portal, but they are having a lot of effects that will benefit Tech. Mainly, big programs can't rely on their insane depth anymore as folks are transferring out for playing time. With NIL, many more programs can start to lure the best players. Mizzou taking 5 stars from uga does nothing but help us. With the best programs hurt through depth and in getting less great players(since they will be spread out among more teams), it will allow lesser programs to punch above their weight.

The playoff does not favor Tech. The top teams recruit or purchase four and five star players across the board, two deep. Winning three or four games by us is so improbable now. The sad thing is PJ’S offense was built for these playoffs.
As a Tech fan, I was stoked with the hope for that special season where we could win it all. I don’t see it ever happening for the rest of my lifetime.
However I love what Key is doing and one day I hope I am wrong.
I see why you selected Midatlantech and not WinAlantech or TopAlantatech

nothing changes. Top schools will still take the top athletes. Nothing different except NIL & athlete free agency. Learn to deal with it. Enjoy the game for the sake of the combat alone. Hope & pray and be proud when we get into the playoffs every 15 years.

If the playoff rules remain the same as they are, then absolutely Tech gets in. Everyone is upset about NIL and the portal, but they are having a lot of effects that will benefit Tech. Mainly, big programs can't rely on their insane depth anymore as folks are transferring out for playing time. With NIL, many more programs can start to lure the best players. Mizzou taking 5 stars from uga does nothing but help us. With the best programs hurt through depth and in getting less great players(since they will be spread out among more teams), it will allow lesser programs to punch above their weight.
Exactly

That's a big IF though.

I see why you selected Midatlantech and not WinAlantech or TopAlantatech

nothing changes. Top schools will still take the top athletes. Nothing different except NIL & athlete free agency. Learn to deal with it. Enjoy the game for the sake of the combat alone. Hope & pray and be proud when we get into the playoffs every 15 years.
I live in Maryland/Delaware. The name is based on the region.
I have had season tickets for 35 years or so, all while living here. It costs me a lot to come to games, particularly with the old ACC of announcing games. Nothing has changed my support or interest.
Tech has always had a depth problem when comparing to traditional Top Ten Major University, Hide em anywhere, No studying, high paying, lying “college” teams. I annually push to move UGA to the front of the schedule because of this issue.
So my post was not quitting or whining, it’s simply being analytical. I will say that our Prez is helping like no other. So I hope we get to the point where we want to compete fully. I am seeing positive steps!

Sounds like Washington State is being a real b**** about the playoffs. So next year we could have two non P-4 teams in the playoffs? That is how it looks to me right now. And also further expansion?
Fighting for the survival of his athletic department isn’t being a little bitch and more people need to do it.

The PAC XII’s dissolution is not the fault of Washington State. It is directly the result of the actions of the Big Ten Commissioner. This whole process is insane to me. conferences get dissolved and school presidents vote and act in unanimity with whatever the 2 big conferences want for what reason? How was the vote unanimous to give an ACC member less money? There will be a vote that guarantees the SEC and BIG Ten more money than everyone else and it will be unanimous too. Those are the bitches. Not Washington State.

I think Wazzou is the only school around that recognizes what’s happening and is trying to stand in the way. A 12-team playoff should have all conference champs.

Sounds like Washington State is being a real b**** about the playoffs. So next year we could have two non P-4 teams in the playoffs? That is how it looks to me right now. And also further expansion?
Are you saying this is a bad thing?

Fighting for the survival of his athletic department isn’t being a little bitch and more people need to do it.

The PAC XII’s dissolution is not the fault of Washington State. It is directly the result of the actions of the Big Ten Commissioner. This whole process is insane to me. conferences get dissolved and school presidents vote and act in unanimity with whatever the 2 big conferences want for what reason? How was the vote unanimous to give an ACC member less money? There will be a vote that guarantees the SEC and BIG Ten more money than everyone else and it will be unanimous too. Those are the bitches. Not Washington State.

I think Wazzou is the only school around that recognizes what’s happening and is trying to stand in the way. A 12-team playoff should have all conference champs.
You make a good point and IMO Sankey started all of this with the sneaky stealing of Oklahoma and Texas. Go for it Washington St. and I'm behind them. I think two non-P4 teams in the playoffs is a good thing. So if I insinuated it was a bad thing then I take it back.

IMO the SEC and Big 10 are going to screw themselves if they exclude all other teams from the playoffs, I personally am ready for Tech to play against a division that includes the ACC and Big 12 plus others of like money including Washington State. I think such a division would do very well.

Back