Tech Gold to be revealed tomorrow

logo_yellowjackedup-com__150x150.png
This is what I call old gold. Tech chose to stay with beige, along with Wake, F$U, BC, Pitt, Vandy, Baylor...Notre Dame is the only school that uses this real old gold, I believe, except maybe UCLA and Mizzou...Tech has been painting the football field beige since 2015...

That's very close to Buzz Gold, which I thought everyone hated. Notre Dame uses old gold in their logo, but obviously, their helmets don't match. Missouri uses it in their logo, but a lot of their uniforms are just straight up yellow. UCLA uses something closer to our new gold than old gold. Do any of these fanbases argue about this stuff? I honestly don't know.

I don't hate the shade you posted or buzz gold, but they aren't actually "gold" at all.

Honestly, I would have been cool with whatever, as long as it's consistent. Heck, I'm not throwing away any of my stuff; I've got cheddar, navy, pale yellow, stuff you guys would cringe at. I do want to get some of the new stuff, too.

I'm just more excited about the improved branding and being with a legit uniform provider.

A lot of posts regarding "The Book Store."

Does our Book Store belong to GT, or Barnes & Noble?

If owned by B&N, does GT have any say what is sold there?

How do other schools handle this?

(I wish the guy that owned Tailgaters Alley ran our bookstore)

Just waiting to settle this correct Gold argument once and for all so we can get to the real issue, the correct shade of White.
The complaining about Tech Gold is kinda funny. We can't agree on much of anything... who would ever think we could agree on colors? As if TStan could've picked a color that everyone liked!

What matters is that TStan made a decision. In just a few years, we'll all think of Tech Gold the same way Longhorns think of Burnt Umber. Doesn't matter one bit if you like the color or not... it's GT's color, and so it's YOUR color. Period.

The complaining about Tech Gold is kinda funny. We can't agree on much of anything... who would ever think we could agree on colors? As if TStan could've picked a color that everyone liked!

What matters is that TStan made a decision. In just a few years, we'll all think of Tech Gold the same way Longhorns think of Burnt Umber. Doesn't matter one bit if you like the color or not... it's GT's color, and so it's YOUR color. Period.

Agreed. And the stadium security should rip fake gold items from the bodies of fans as they go through security.

If clear bags speed up security, imagine how much invisible clothing would. We'd all be able to get into the stadium so fast.
Well if we did that, the "security" might actually be worth the inconvenience.

Back