Tech has commitments from 3 of Ga's Top 50

Re: Tech has commitments from 3 of Ga\'s Top 50

Techrod, you are correct. I had just read the HIVE post moments earlier and liked it very much, too.....BTW, you never gave me the latest scoop on Derrick Steagall's cousin playing for Newnan High. Will he be Div. 1 material?
BOO

BDG, I saw Derrick all 3 of his varsity years at Newnan. He was really something!! I now have to admit I haven't been to a Hi school game in 4 or 5 years at Newnan. I did talk to a big follower who used to play for the dark side and he didn't think he was a div. 1 player. I also think he is sort of small but fast. BDG, if you want to get my email from the administraters I have got some private info on something that happened in the past that you might be interested in. I will be traveling most of tomorrow so I couldn't respond right away.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Somebody remind me, how many of the Ga top 50 did we get in '99 or '00? I don't remember too many but it may just be my fading memory.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Over half of our current roster is from GA so we have definately been getting more instate players in previous years. I would guess that we typically sign 9 - 12 players from GA with most of those in the top 50. It has been a poor year in state for us. I don't see how anyone could spin it otherwise. The frustrating part is that we seemed to of backed off on many of the instate players.

NO, most of those players not in GA top 50. Maybe half at best!!

Back