Tech turned down a Big10 offer?

We would be sold out for most every home game.

Well, we are for auburn games, ugag, and Clemson as well.

It would be worse to be sold out with a bunch of arrogant Yankees. They would be worse than our traditional rivals with their superior to thou tides. Arrogant remarks beyond comparison and TONS worse on the road.

Would have been a terrible mistake.

If we would just take care of our own crap and build the program as WE should, for OUR benefit (not selling out by selling to other teams fans) it would be fine.

We could have just never left the SEC...then imagine our reporting and recruiting - us and Vandy

The only reason I can see to turning down a B1G offer would be because no one was going to cover our buyout. The B1G shares more research dollars as well as athletic dollars. There is a big enough B1G alumni presence in Atlanta that we probably would have sold more football tickets. Iowa, MN, Northwestern, IN, and Maryland would have been ticket dogs, but the rest would have been solid. Travel costs would have been worse.
Would travel costs really be worse? When you're 15 min from the largest airport in the world that has direct flights everywhere I can't imagine it would be that much worse. I would prefer to stay in the ACC but only bc we have rivals. The ACC hasn't exactly been kind to us. Swafford is a ööööing turd, and I can't stand the tobacco road mafia. The annual multiple bye weeks teams, specifically unc, get before playing us has pissed me off for years. I'll never forgive them for making us play back to back years @ VT and @ clem. Yes I know we supposedly had to play back to back @ clem to balance the home schedule but those ööööers could have thrown us a bone for that VT öööö. ACC needs to stop taking GT for granted. Losing the ATL market would be devastating for them.

Academically, we would have been welcomed with open arms by every school except Purdue.

Realistically, they didn't want GT because we fit the mission of the league or shared similar values with the charter schools, they wanted the Atlanta market TV dollars funneling to the B1G network. You can't court a woman when you're staring at her sisters ass and I imagine that's how GT leadership felt with this proposal.

I personally think it would have been hilarious and awesome to watch the ACC Coastal retool their coaching staffs over the course of a near decade to deal with the option, and then bail for the Big 10, making them have to do the same thing.

Well, we are for auburn games, ugag, and Clemson as well.

It would be worse to be sold out with a bunch of arrogant Yankees. They would be worse than our traditional rivals with their superior to thou tides. Arrogant remarks beyond comparison and TONS worse on the road.

Would have been a terrible mistake.

If we would just take care of our own crap and build the program as WE should, for OUR benefit (not selling out by selling to other teams fans) it would be fine.
There is a big difference between midwesterners and yankees.

I personally think it would have been hilarious and awesome to watch the ACC Coastal retool their coaching staffs over the course of a near decade to deal with the option, and then bail for the Big 10, making them have to do the same thing.

Who has retooled their coaching staff to deal with our offense? I am asking seriously. I personally think this is a laughable comment though.

We could have been Maryland! :)
Seriously though, we have every advantage in the world and shoot ourseves in the foot. It all begins at the top, and I’m not talking HC or AD.

Travel costs would suck and so would fan travel. I'd go see us play in the Horseshoe and the Big House once, maybe, depending on the time of year. But forget going to anywhere in the BIG after mid October.

Who has retooled their coaching staff to deal with our offense? I am asking seriously. I personally think this is a laughable comment though.
beej thinks bronco mendenhall was hired at uva specifically to defeat paul johnson.

beej thinks bronco mendenhall was hired at uva specifically to defeat paul johnson.

Haha. Because uva has struggled so much against Tech the last ten years? I haven’t looked it up but they’ve got to have close to a .500 against us since Johnson got here

Haha. Because uva has struggled so much against Tech the last ten years? I haven’t looked it up but they’ve got to have close to a .500 against us since Johnson got here
they're 4-6 against paul. bronco is now 1-1. of course, his overall record at uva is 8-17.

Ohioans are the worst of all.
I won’t disagree with that but from my experience Minnesotans, Michiganders, Wisconsinites, etc... are pretty good people. Just my opinion though. We will deal with Yankees in the ACC (duke, Miami, uva) more than the big 10 does. That said I’m glad we stayed in the acc, I just hate the incorrect use of Yankees as a term.

Back