Tech @ UVA Predictions

GT7378

Varsity Lurker
Brennan Armstrong lights up the Tech secondary. Sims throws a pick or two. Charlottesville.
Bronco Mendenhall >> Gooff Collins.

Virginia 41
GT blue jackets 24
:shtstir: No GWG uniforms = no Tech win prediction
Nostradamus - darn near called it..

Virginia 56
Georgia Tech 38

Brennan Armstrong shreds the GT secondary due to no reliable pressure. Gibbs/Sims/Mason/Smith shred the UVA front seven. Neither defense does much stopping. The difference in the game is early turnovers from Sims. If I had to lay down money in Vegas, I'd take the over without even looking at what it was first.

Kenny Pickett embarrassed the secondary. Brennan Armstrong hasn't just been statistically better than Pickett so far, he's been substantially better statistically and done so against tougher competition. In my head I'm seeing the most air raid against a GT secondary since Matt Ryan became the only person to show up Tenuta at GT.

For GT to have a chance to win there needs to be **ZERO** turnovers. That's a big ask given recent history.

Realism > Kool Aid

I like their chances against Miami, VT, and BC. But no f'n way do they win all three when they can't even win two in a row over a three year span. And the final two weeks will score high on the Maalox factor. They probably finish with 5 wins in a very VERY down ACC and stay at home. The fans aren't quite relieved of their thirst but Collins takes a victory lap regardless of how you feel about that. Had they just not curled up into the fetal position over a two TE overload from a MAC team that would be the so sought after bowl.

I'd make some coaching changes in the offseason. The toughest decision for me is Kerry Dixon, WR coach. He has been one of the stronger recruiters on the staff, but I'm sick and tired of watching clank off the hands out of the WR corp writ large. Pretty tough call on OL too. It is not an ACC level line yet despite aggressive and large recruiting classes at the spot. Brent Key has earned himself some mulligans in Atlanta though. I'd probably let Key stay on. The secondary needs some shaking up too, and that's allegedly Collins' strength. Patterdude catches a lot of flak around here ... sometimes warranted. But so far I'm alright with Patterdude. He can't make the WRs not drop it. He can't make Sims remember there was a high safety on the deep post waiting for it. I don't see a shortage of open players. I do see a shortage of execution.

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee
Realism > Kool Aid

I like their chances against Miami, VT, and BC. But no f'n way do they win all three when they can't even win two in a row over a three year span. And the final two weeks will score high on the Maalox factor. They probably finish with 5 wins in a very VERY down ACC and stay at home. The fans aren't quite relieved of their thirst but Collins takes a victory lap regardless of how you feel about that. Had they just not curled up into the fetal position over a two TE overload from a MAC team that would be the so sought after bowl.

I'd make some coaching changes in the offseason. The toughest decision for me is Kerry Dixon, WR coach. He has been one of the stronger recruiters on the staff, but I'm sick and tired of watching clank off the hands out of the WR corp writ large. Pretty tough call on OL too. It is not an ACC level line yet despite aggressive and large recruiting classes at the spot. Brent Key has earned himself some mulligans in Atlanta though. I'd probably let Key stay on. The secondary needs some shaking up too, and that's allegedly Collins' strength. Patterdude catches a lot of flak around here ... sometimes warranted. But so far I'm alright with Patterdude. He can't make the WRs not drop it. He can't make Sims remember there was a high safety on the deep post waiting for it. I don't see a shortage of open players. I do see a shortage of execution.
Haha it's ironic that you called out Collins for his impending victory lap in your victory lap post