Tevin retained

Discussion in 'Football' started by RussianOffense, Jan 10, 2019 at 1:10 PM.

1. BainbridgeJacket

BainbridgeJacket As fleeting as a 4th quarter lead

Loc:
    Peanut gallery
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Tevin's only fault was that he folded like a lawn chair under pressure which was only an issue because the defense couldn't hold serve and allow us to put opponents away. That's a little bit of a chicken and egg situation, admittedly. Tevin was a pretty dang good QB for us and doesn't get the kudos he deserves.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LambdaChiGT

LambdaChiGT Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Poncey Highlands
    Team:
    Golden Tornados
    Dude, he played football for Georgia Tech. As Georgia Tech fans, we should all be his fans. If you're only fans of the guys who have uber success, you're not really a fan at all - you're just a fanboy. Tevin isn't my favorite Tech QB, he isn't even my favorite Tech QB from the CPJ era, but he put a lot of his time and effort into the program (and continues to do so), so I'll forever be his fan in whatever role he has here.

I'd understand your gripe or whatever you have against him if he was taking up a critical spot on the staff, but he seems well equipped for where he's at, so I don't understand your lack of fandom.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Yukonwreck

Yukonwreck Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa, Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Tevin was a Tech student athlete, McCollum wasn't. There is a conscious effort to have former players in the mix. May or may not be long term, but I think their ability to say "I was here, I did it" will be valuable in recruiting and in acclimating new SA's to a unique scholastic environment.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DressCheeseSideSeaboard

DressCheeseSideSeaboard Cyborg

Loc:
    Tennessee
    Team:
    Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
    Tevin is a Tech man. Tevin not only graduated from Georgia Tech, but he wore the white and gold and played his heart out. He had to lead the offense, as a redshirt sophomore, when our warrior quarterback, JfN, endured a season ending injury on a dark night in Blacksburg. Tevin graduated shortly after the first practice of 2012 fall camp. He was the first Georgia Tech quarterback to play as a graduate student since George Godsey in 2001. Tevin could have left himself just one class during 2012 football season had he not finished his degree requirements over the summer. However, he had promised his family that he would graduate in four years and he wanted to honor that promise. Tevin holds the Georgia Tech record for rushing touchdowns by a quarterback, breaking the record previously held by JfN himself.

• Like Like x 10
  5. cincyjacket

cincyjacket Dodd-Like

This is how I remembered him. IIRC, if we didn’t score on every offensive series, we were in trouble.

6. gtchief

gtchief Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Alpharetta
    Team:
    GT
    Tevin was and continues to be #GoldBlooded...that's more than I can say for some of those in his position over the years.

• Like Like x 2