Tevin retained

Tevin ran the offense extremely well. He was the victim of some pretty awful defenses.
Tevin's only fault was that he folded like a lawn chair under pressure which was only an issue because the defense couldn't hold serve and allow us to put opponents away. That's a little bit of a chicken and egg situation, admittedly. Tevin was a pretty dang good QB for us and doesn't get the kudos he deserves.

I don’t understand the fandom for Tevin Washington. He literally had zero success as a QB for FOUR years!!

Dude, he played football for Georgia Tech. As Georgia Tech fans, we should all be his fans. If you're only fans of the guys who have uber success, you're not really a fan at all - you're just a fanboy. Tevin isn't my favorite Tech QB, he isn't even my favorite Tech QB from the CPJ era, but he put a lot of his time and effort into the program (and continues to do so), so I'll forever be his fan in whatever role he has here.

I'd understand your gripe or whatever you have against him if he was taking up a critical spot on the staff, but he seems well equipped for where he's at, so I don't understand your lack of fandom.

I just dont understand the reason he's retained. He used to be a triple option quarterback and hes a QB/BB coach. I like him. I like that he fought like hell for Tech. I just dont get why we let McCollum go but retained Tevin.
Tevin was a Tech student athlete, McCollum wasn't. There is a conscious effort to have former players in the mix. May or may not be long term, but I think their ability to say "I was here, I did it" will be valuable in recruiting and in acclimating new SA's to a unique scholastic environment.

I don’t understand the fandom for Tevin Washington. He literally had zero success as a QB for FOUR years!!

Tevin is a Tech man. Tevin not only graduated from Georgia Tech, but he wore the white and gold and played his heart out. He had to lead the offense, as a redshirt sophomore, when our warrior quarterback, JfN, endured a season ending injury on a dark night in Blacksburg. Tevin graduated shortly after the first practice of 2012 fall camp. He was the first Georgia Tech quarterback to play as a graduate student since George Godsey in 2001. Tevin could have left himself just one class during 2012 football season had he not finished his degree requirements over the summer. However, he had promised his family that he would graduate in four years and he wanted to honor that promise. Tevin holds the Georgia Tech record for rushing touchdowns by a quarterback, breaking the record previously held by JfN himself.

Back