Thacker and Tillman reassigned to off field roles

Sounds like they weren't outright fired for the moment because their contracts are up at the end of January?

I don't think we'd let them spend money out recruiting if they are leaving in 45 days. Also have no idea what they might be saying. I'm thinking they are actually staying on as recruiters, which would explain why Thacker wasn't fired when demoted.

Besides, who would hire them? I bet we keep them for cheap until they develop a track record of solid recruits.

It seems risky to continue to use them in recruiting if they know they are headed out the door.
When Clown told PJ's staff he wasn't keeping any of them, they kept on working and recruiting for Tech until their time was up.

It seems risky to continue to use them in recruiting if they know they are headed out the door.

It does but on the other hand, seems like a small circle, word spreads fast and you might shoot yourself in the foot for future opportunities. Same thing on the positive side if you take a professional approach and do your job until you don't have it anymore.

Off field roles
1702050112069.gif

KQ has promised that before the month he will share PJ's nickname for Clown. So there's that.

I hope CBK told Thacker and Tillman before they went out recruiting that they would have new roles (before they have no roles), and it says a lot about them that - if they had been told what was coming - that they still went out on the recruiting trail for GT.

If they were out on the road and hadn't been told and found out some other way, not a good look.
Clown got off to an awful start in his first spring game when he has the team line up in the flex one then shift into shotgun and 4 wides. I wouldn't blame CPJ for calling him an idiot or whatever.

There is no scenario in the history of ever where a college team coached by Gef could beat a college team coached by CPJ.

I'm just having a hard time believing KQ is the only person to ever block JJacket on twitter
Musk won't block me, despite me telling him to get his ass back to South Africa if the United States is so horrible.

Musk won't block me, despite me telling him to get his ass back to South Africa if the United States is so horrible.
“Oh no the local idiot from Dalton thinks bad things about me” -Elon

Clown got off to an awful start in his first spring game when he has the team line up in the flex one then shift into shotgun and 4 wides. I wouldn't blame CPJ for calling him an idiot or whatever.

There is no scenario in the history of ever where a college team coached by Gef could beat a college team coached by CPJ.

When he did that he got cheers from the crowd. I myself even chuckled at it but thought it was weird. The joke/karma came back on him in the end.

When he did that he got cheers from the crowd. I myself even chuckled at it but thought it was weird. The joke/karma came back on him in the end.
At the time, I actually thought it was a tip of the cap and a "passing of the torch" type of moment. Obviously not the case based on other comments the court jester made the rest of his time here.

That and Clown never gave any credit for the previous 11 years - never talked about three ACCCG appearances (and after FSU beat Louisville, The Huddle on ACCN showed ACC championship game winners and CREDITED GEORGIA TECH FOR THE WIN IN 2009! F U NCAA!) or two Orange Bowls and did a lot of behind the scenes disparaging of PJ and his offense and his tenure.
Well, PJ's in the College Football Hall of Fame, bitch. You're still out of a job.
Derrick Moore told me point blank about a year ago Tech has no idea what it lost when PJ left. I hope Key regains a semblance of that which was lost. I think he is on his way to doing that.
Two games still eat at PJ - 1998 national championship against UMass when his Eagles went in 14-0 and came out 14-1, despite never punting once in the game, and 2009 against Georgia. I was living in the Boro at the time and went to every game in 98 and that offense was amazing. The only thing that could stop it was itself, and that's what happened.
2009, if we had played with any focus, we shoulda stomped the öööö out of them.

Some of us were saying that 5 years ago and the option-haters were all over us for it. My, how a Hall-of-Fame ballot changes things. My only regret that Clown is gone is that he isn't forced on camera to recognize CPJ exists and was %*$#ing awesome.

Back