ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
I would eliminate cross divisions.

Next, break conference as follows:

3a-GT, Clem, Lou
3b-Pitt, Syr, BC

4a-VT,Uva, FSU, Miami
4b-unc, ncst, wake, duke

Each year the ‘division’ changes. Even years, 4a+3a. Odd years 4a+3b. Only ‘division’ games count towards the championship. Cross over games are 3a plays 2 teams from 3b. Same for 4a/b.

That is 8 conference games and no more than a 1 year gap playing conference opponents.

In state schools play every year. We get screwed by always having Clem in our ‘division’. Duke series gets interrupted.
9EB7E4C2-4950-4110-9083-DCBFDB77D566.jpeg

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
In this video, College Football Chronicle talks about why the ACC should realign their divisions within the conference and how to better balance out the divisions to create more regional rivalries.

College Football Chronicle proposed realignment:

ACC North
Syracuse
BC
PITT
Louisville
VT
UVA
Wake

ACC South
Clemson
GT
FSU
Maimi
Duke
UNC
NC ST
2 words: öööö That.

FHstinger

Dodd-Like
Miami needs to be in the North, with all the other former Big East schools. Virginia in the South.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I would eliminate cross divisions.

Next, break conference as follows:

3a-GT, Clem, Lou
3b-Pitt, Syr, BC

4a-VT,Uva, FSU, Miami
4b-unc, ncst, wake, duke

Each year the ‘division’ changes. Even years, 4a+3a. Odd years 4a+3b. Only ‘division’ games count towards the championship. Cross over games are 3a plays 2 teams from 3b. Same for 4a/b.

That is 8 conference games and no more than a 1 year gap playing conference opponents.

In state schools play every year. We get screwed by always having Clem in our ‘division’. Duke series gets interrupted.
Considering this further, I would swap GT and Clem with Uva and VT. Then you have 4 ‘regions’ (far south, NC, Mid-Atlantic, and north).

The long periods between playing schools is eliminated. In state rivalries are maintained. Regional rivalries are maintained.

Additionally, the south region should be an espn goldmine. The regional groupings should be easier to sell to local cable networks.

Uva will avoid ever being stuck in a ‘big east jr’. NC schools get to play each other every year. Clem/fsu and GT/fsu are yearly affairs.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
In this video, College Football Chronicle talks about why the ACC should realign their divisions within the conference and how to better balance out the divisions to create more regional rivalries.

College Football Chronicle proposed realignment:

ACC North
Syracuse
BC
PITT
Louisville
VT
UVA
Wake

ACC South
Clemson
GT
FSU
Maimi
Duke
UNC
NC ST

Link
Just get rid of all 3 Carolina teams. Send them to the Big East.

18in32

Petard Hoister
[clicks thread]
[reads thread]
[checks first post timestamp]
"huh, I thought this was a necrobump, weird"

johncu

Dodd-Like
My first thought was that it is extremely unfair, but honestly... is it really that much less fair than what we're doing now? GT (and to a lesser degree, Miami) are at a massive structural disadvantage due to cross-divisional games. Our schedule in this new alignment would basically be the same as our current one, anyway. So öööö it, why not?

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
I continue to argue for the approach the SEC had when it had twelve teams before we left with Tulane - the twelve teams scheduled the required number of conference games among themselves without conference interference. With 14 teams (and I think with this freedom in scheduling Notre Dame might be more likely to opt in as #15 if we let them keep their home game deal with NBC) I would love to simply say to the teams - schedule as many conference games as you want but with a minimum number (likely 8) - and the championship game will be between the two teams with the best conference winning percentage, with any ties broken by ranking. Rivalries can develop naturally and you don't have to worry about scheduling fairness or division imbalance.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
We need to keep Clemson. We move up in the world by playing good teams that excite the fanbase not by scheduling cupcakes.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
Cross divisional games shouldn’t count for divisional standings.

problem solved.

Wreck Em

Dodd-Like
I like it. It does seem really unbalanced in favor of the south division though.