The BOR and The Hill gives its blessing..New and more majors....

My point is - it killed her not to go GT just because she couldn't find a degree that was even close to her interests. An academic scholarship helped though..

Plenty of friends of mine went to Tech and got their BS in whatever science and are currently in PA school. She could've done that if she really wanted Tech. As for a career decision though she's better off doing nursing and becoming a NP over a PA.

My point is - it killed her not to go GT just because she couldn't find a degree that was even close to her interests. An academic scholarship helped though..

why did you she want to go to GT if it didnt offer programs in any of her interests? Not all schools are equal. It wouldn't make sense to go to a school that doesn't specialize in your area, or doesnt have your area of focus when you have the means to go to one that does.

i'm not trying to pick on your daughter, but i wanted to go to gt because I wanted to do CS and it was the best in the south. I don't understand wanting to go to a school that has nothing to do with what you want to study.

I would think nursing would be a hard program to add. Would need facilities, equipment, personnel, arrangements with local hospitals, etc.

And before someone mentions this - you don't just make this move for athletics. This is a necessary move to add a medical or law college.

GT has grown well beyond it's britches as a small, focused, technological Institute. It's time to take the next step and become a university.

Amen! GT needs to realize that the world has changed, we have the internet, a black man as President and we even have indoor plumbing.

Back