The difference between Clown and CBK

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Collins was in over his head and is probably not cut out for being a HC, but I don't hold any ill will towards the man. He did what he thought was best. Incompetence is forgivable.
Not when it ruins everything. And not when it's getting $3 million a year to not be incompetent.
I hold plenty of ill will toward him. He's a fraud as a person and as a coach.

originalwombat

Damn Good Rat
Not when it ruins everything. And not when it's getting $3 million a year to not be incompetent.
I hold plenty of ill will toward him. He's a fraud as a person and as a coach.
Ha! What exactly do you think you're entitled to for $3M?!? Do you refund your employer when you f*** up? No, because you're not an idiot.

The Jacket

The Coat
I have a lot of ill will towards the clown but I have more ill will towards Stansbury for getting conned into hiring the clown.
I don't know whether "ill will" is the right term or not, but I harbor negative feelings towards Gofef because he set himself against us, the only people in the world who wanted him to succeed. And considering his obsessively manicured "image" and brand and apparent personality, he didn't get caught off guard by the question which resulted in him calling the entire fanbase retarded. I think he pretty clearly spent a great deal of time thinking about that exact question, and I think he is genuinely baffled by why anyone wouldn't be taken in by his charade, and that's why he was offended by the very idea that people had questions.

I feel less negativity towards Stansbury, whether that is deserved or not, mainly because I think he got suckered in, too. Most of my buttmad towards TStan is not that he got suckered into hiring Goef, it's that he doubled-down on 'His Man' despite all the signs that this was not a coach to hang your job on, let alone a ööööing Division I football program and dozens of young men's athletic and academic careers.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Collins was in over his head and is probably not cut out for being a HC, but I don't hold any ill will towards the man. He did what he thought was best. Incompetence is forgivable.
I was in this boat when he was first let go, but the more and more that keeps coming out about the man and his pettiness has me more on the side of diseqc now. öööö that.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
He’s talking öööö now about Tech. He treated GA’s like öööö when he was at Tech. While he is undeniably an incompetent football coach, He’s also a crappy person.

Informative article by Ken in the AJC. Looks like Cabrera realized and cared more than we ever realized.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Informative article by Ken in the AJC. Looks like Cabrera realized and cared more than we ever realized.
Anyone have an archive link?

Anyone have an archive link?
I will paste the content here for you ---

Long before season, Georgia Tech president found football performance ‘worrisome’
September 9, 2022 Atlanta - Georgia Tech's head coach Geoff Collins is greeted by Director of Athletics Todd Stansbury after Georgia Tech beat Western Carolina in an NCAA college football game at Georgia Tech's Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta on Saturday, September 10, 2022. Georgia Tech won 35-17 over Western Carolina.  (Hyosub Shin / Hyosub.Shin@ajc.com)

Caption

GEORGIA TECH
By Ken Sugiura, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
2 hours ago

About a year ago, Georgia Tech President Ángel Cabrera sang the praises of then-athletic director Todd Stansbury. Up for his annual performance review in February 2022, Cabrera affirmed Stansbury for his leadership of the athletic department throughout 2021 – as the forces of the pandemic, the transfer portal and the rule changes that permitted athletes to be compensated for their name, image and likeness unsettled the world of college athletics.

“I thank you for leading the program throughout this time of transformation and doing so without accruing losses or increasing our outstanding debt – a result not many programs achieved this year,” Cabrera wrote.
There was one particular issue that Cabrera raised in the annual performance evaluation, dated Feb. 24, 2022 and obtained through an open-records request that was made Sept. 27, 2022 and received Feb. 10. (By state law, University System of Georgia sports programs are required to respond to records requests within 90 business days.)

“My biggest concern this year was our poor performance in football, which is worrisome given its outsized impact on our reputation, student and alumni engagement, and the revenues of the entire program,” Cabrera wrote.
ExploreMore AJC coverage of the Yellow Jackets
Cabrera’s concern with then-coach Geoff Collins’ team, and his raising it with Collins’ boss, speaks to his decision to dismiss both the coach and AD after the Jackets began the 2022 season in calamitous fashion. Cabrera was quite willing to credit Stansbury for the many successes achieved by the Tech athletic department in 2021, such as the strong seasons of several teams, Jackets athletes’ academic performance and Stansbury’s fundraising and budgeting efforts. But, months before the start of the fateful 2022 season, Cabrera’s assessment of the football team – and its potential impact – made clear that he placed ultimate responsibility for the program with Stansbury, who late in the 2021 season affirmed Collins as “my man.”

“Since the change in coaches and system three seasons ago our results have been consistently poor, with a 9-25 overall record,” Cabrera wrote. “While it is reasonable to expect a leadership and system change to impact performance, the last three years have produced the worst three-year record since we joined the ACC forty years ago. Clearly you cannot control the outcomes of specific games, but these numbers indicate a problematic trend which, unless reversed, has the risk of damaging the whole athletic program, no matter the successes elsewhere.”
Like much of the fan base, Cabrera had a far different view of Collins, the football team and Stansbury’s oversight of the program two years earlier, in an annual performance review of the 2019 year, which was both Collins’ and Cabrera’s first at Tech in their respective positions. In a letter dated Feb. 17, 2020, Cabrera highlighted Stansbury’s support of Collins in his first season, “which has generated a great deal of positive attention and has helped energize our campus and fan base. The ‘404/ATL takeover’ campaign has been refreshing and effective in not just supporting the football program but helping position the overall Georgia Tech brand.”

In the two annual reviews received in the open-records request, public perception was a topic that Cabrera visited multiple times. In the same 2019 review, he wrote that the men’s basketball team’s NCAA sanctions, the firing of women’s basketball coach MaChelle Joseph (who later sued the institute alleging sex discrimination), as well as a lawsuit filed by Oregon State against Stansbury for failing to pay back a buyout owed the school for taking the job at Tech “have been the unfortunate source of negative news coverage this past year.” Cabrera added that he believed that Stansbury’s communication style could “help us shift public attention and media coverage in a more positive direction that is focused on our athletic performance and not our programmatic issues.”
In Stansbury’s final days as AD of his alma mater, he appeared to have infrequent communication with Cabrera. According to Tech’s response to an open-records request for copies of all written communications and a log of phone calls between Sept. 1-19 between the two men, there were two instances of such communication. (That request was made Sept. 19 and filled Feb. 1-2.)
One was an email from Cabrera to Stansbury on Sept. 14.
“Great communication piece!” Cabrera wrote to Stansbury regarding an update he had sent out in an email that highlighted Tech’s transfer-portal activity (the fewest portal entries among all ACC schools in the 2021-22 academic year) and the institute’s celebration of the 50th anniversary of Title IX.
The other was an eight-minute phone call from Cabrera to Stansbury on Sept. 18, the morning after the 42-0 loss to Ole Miss. Nine days later, Cabrera spoke at a news conference following the dismissals that cleared the way for the hires of new AD J Batt and coach Brent Key. In January, Stansbury was hired at N.C. State as its deputy AD overseeing internal operations and football.
“I particularly want to thank Todd for his unwavering commitment to the success of our student-athletes, his dedication to our signature Total Person approach to athletics and his love for our alma mater,” Cabrera said. “Ultimately, though, the results haven’t been there and a new approach is necessary to return our program to where it belongs.”