The Field

Valdosta_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Whats the deal with our field? The GT, ACC, and end zones were just outlines... It looked like ---- from the stands.

I'm pretty sure it was like this for the home opener last year (at least the end zones were), and the paint was filled in for the next game.

Last edited:
Maybe they left it like that so that everybody could fill in their own "right shade of gold" in their minds.

Groovy man

IIRC in the past, the gold or yellow paint kills the turf over the course of the season. If the turf is relatively new, or not ready yet/some other issue, they would leave it off. My guess is something like this, or rain, or some other factor made them leave it off.

They literally don't paint the field and color it gold until thursday or friday before the game. So weather is a factor.

IIRC in the past, the gold or yellow paint kills the turf over the course of the season. If the turf is relatively new, or not ready yet/some other issue, they would leave it off. My guess is something like this, or rain, or some other factor made them leave it off.

They literally don't paint the field and color it gold until thursday or friday before the game. So weather is a factor.

This. Plus we had 3 home games in a row scheduled and this one wasn't on tv.

I figured it was an attempt by the GTAA marketing folks to get rid of one random shade of gold inside the stadium.

...Only 16 left. Progress.

If we just change our colors to grass green and white, it'd be perfect

If we just change our colors to grass green and white, it'd be perfect

fDuZU.png

We must be the only fans in college football that whine incessantly about the shade of color used in our uniforms.

/embarrassing

Seriously, when you have two mascots, and one is gold and one is yellow, what can be done to fix the fact that there are different colors?

And if the paint is properly applied, it isn't going to kill the grass, at least in my experience. But yeah, with 4 straight home games, they might've considered going minimalist at first to give it as much air as possible, especially given the fact that it was going to rain on Saturday.

I liked it, thought it looked really old school. Like 1920's old school.

Back