The Field

I thought the crowd was solid, the student sections were filled, and I liked the huge old gold GT banner that covered the whole "swarm" section in the North Endzone... Looked really good and I don't know that we just copied it from another school.

Not sure what the fuss is about. I thought the outlines looked neat and understated. To top it all off, it wasn't televised. I'm sure we'll see it filled in for next week's game.

We must be the only fans in college football that whine incessantly about the shade of color used in our uniforms.

/embarrassing

Seriously, when you have two mascots, and one is gold and one is yellow, what can be done to fix the fact that there are different colors?

And if the paint is properly applied, it isn't going to kill the grass, at least in my experience. But yeah, with 4 straight home games, they might've considered going minimalist at first to give it as much air as possible, especially given the fact that it was going to rain on Saturday.

I 'get' the need to appeal to recruits with new uniforms. I don't have a problem with the new unis. I DO have a problem with not selecting A gold color. This is a BRANDING problem of major proportion!!

We have about 15 to 25 people in our tailgate and it is absolutely crazy to see how many 'golds' there are in the GT licensed merchandise. Dark green/gold GT expandable tent. GT expandable table I bought at Kroger. Five or more shades of polo's and baseball caps. Jersey colors from just the past 10 years that are ALL different.

Changing design is OK, changing color is not.

I thought the crowd was solid, the student sections were filled, and I liked the huge old gold GT banner that covered the whole "swarm" section in the North Endzone... Looked really good and I don't know that we just copied it from another school.

I was in the SWARM section and was told by Ramblin' Wreck Club guys that its an idea pulled from soccer games. If you've ever seen a Portland Timbers home game, the "Timber's Army" sections roll out HUGE flags over their sections pre-game.
6062638551_dff9ded051.jpg

I liked the idea of the flag because it looked very good on screen and its very easy to coordinate, unlike the flashcards of years past.

Edit: A flag this size at a Tech game would be epic!
russia-flag-vs-poland.jpg

The music played last night was much better. It was awesome when the big screen showed some of the vendors dancing. It would be neat if someone had captured that sequence. It was late, late in the game.

Edit: A flag this size at a Tech game would be epic!
russia-flag-vs-poland.jpg

As long as it's not a Dwags flag. I saw that flag unfurled at the Euros live as it happened on TV, and all I could think was "Ummm, they do realize that they're playing this in Poland and the Poles likely aren't going to take kindly to that, given the history between the two countries, right?"

The banner was cool.

The outlines on the field are waiting to be filled in with the Nest design inside the lines.

(I have no idea)

So they unfurled a flag in Poland that said "This is Russia" in English? Strange

We're wearing white on Saturday. Virginia is wearing all blue (helmets, jerseys, pants) with orange socks.

The field wasn't fully painted last week to preserve the grass, since we have four straight games at home.

The band will be performing a pregame routine where they build a large pile of comb uniforms in the middle of the field while playing Billy Joel's "We didn't start the fire." After the pile of uniforms is generously soaked in gasoline, Buzz will parachute into the stadium with his stinger on fire and will perfectly maneuver over the gasoline-soaked pile to ignite the best bonfire Atlanta has ever seen.

After Cavman rides his horse into the fire and burns to death, the 1952 National Championship team members will lead our team onto the field in traditional GT jerseys, and then we'll put a butt whipping on the Cavs.

I wish we were wearing gold jerseys. White looks like a road team.

I like it. Sets us apart, and it's an old tradition.

In the old days, story goes we would wear white at home due to the Atlanta heat. Force your opponent to wear dark jerseys while you wear white.

Us and LSU are the only teams that still carry on this tradition, though they wear purple once each year. Fun fact: When Spurrier's UF teams would play at LSU, he'd make LSU wear their colored jerseys (much like Wake did to us a few years ago).

Us and LSU are the only teams that still carry on this tradition, though they wear purple once each year. Fun fact: When Spurrier's UF teams would play at LSU, he'd make LSU wear their colored jerseys (much like Wake did to us a few years ago).

They wear purple when a non-conference opponent doesn't allow them to wear white. The SEC made a rule where the home team now has the choice of uniforms colors.

Back