The IMPOSSIBLE RISE of GEORGIA TECH Football (The Complete Brent Key Rebuild)

I think the team will remember that and act accordingly. Hopefully it becomes part of the culture that lasts
I'd of hoped they would of remembered it from UVA the year before, but that's how we get where we're at with that.

6 wins against next years' schedule would be an improvement over this year.
If we think we’re good and plan on improving, we should not accept six wins in the preseason as a good season. We have a bunch of historically relevant programs on the schedule but outside of uga no world beaters. 8+.

If we think we’re good and plan on improving, we should not accept six wins in the preseason as a good season. We have a bunch of historically relevant programs on the schedule but outside of uga no world beaters. 8+.
Didn't say it would be a good year, just that it would likely sum up to an improved performance over this year cause of how the schedule gets harder.

We got a gift to beat Miami. We got pushed around by Bowling Green and Boston College late. And we got a break on a fourth down stop against Syracuse when their back ran straight into the middle instead of going outside, where it was wide open.
6-6 is a helluva lot better than 3 and a larger integer and going to a bowl after not going to one for five straight years is good, but we still have a long way to go.
We really were a knee from being 5-7 and maybe a better read by the Cuse RB from being 4-8. I prefer 7 to 8 wins next year, but we have to get better at so many positions, especially on defense, and I don't know that that is going to happen that quickly, even with the portal. We'll have some good pieces coming back on offense. But we still need LBs, DEs, DTs and CBs on D.
We're on the road back after being led astray into the desert for three-plus years. But we still have a long road to travel.

While I agree, when I put on my gold colored glasses I think with all the change within teams we play we probably have the most intact offense returning than just about anyone else in the ACC outside Clemson. So, my gold colored glasses say that we can w8n a lot of games by outscoring our opponent. I agree we probably won’t stop many offenses but we shouldn’t be stopped either. We really need another RB to step up. Losing all the RB’s who signed under Collins is going to hurt us this year.

While I agree, when I put on my gold colored glasses I think with all the change within teams we play we probably have the most intact offense returning than just about anyone else in the ACC outside Clemson. So, my gold colored glasses say that we can w8n a lot of games by outscoring our opponent. I agree we probably won’t stop many offenses but we shouldn’t be stopped either. We really need another RB to step up. Losing all the RB’s who signed under Collins is going to hurt us this year.
Assuming the defense doesn’t improve at all. Subjectively the defense didn’t look as horrible with tackling the last handful of games. Maybe they still were. I am taking the rare optimistic view that the defense can only be better next year.

We got a gift to beat Miami. We got pushed around by Bowling Green and Boston College late. And we got a break on a fourth down stop against Syracuse when their back ran straight into the middle instead of going outside, where it was wide open.
6-6 is a helluva lot better than 3 and a larger integer and going to a bowl after not going to one for five straight years is good, but we still have a long way to go.
We really were a knee from being 5-7 and maybe a better read by the Cuse RB from being 4-8. I prefer 7 to 8 wins next year, but we have to get better at so many positions, especially on defense, and I don't know that that is going to happen that quickly, even with the portal. We'll have some good pieces coming back on offense. But we still need LBs, DEs, DTs and CBs on D.
We're on the road back after being led astray into the desert for three-plus years. But we still have a long road to travel.
We were just as close to 4-8 as 8-4. It evened out at 6-6.

Thanks, Debbie.

Also could have been 8 wins pretty easily, 9 if you include the Louisville game, which we could have won late. So the range was 4-9 and we ended up at 6. Fair enough.

We were just as close to 4-8 as 8-4. It evened out at 6-6.
We weren’t that close to 8-4
Maybe - maybe - if we hold on against Louisville and maybe if we get another break or two against the Mutts. But we played pretty clean against the mutts

We really have no idea how much damage Clown really did to the program
Key has made the easy fixes - like getting the team ready to play an opponent
Getting the roster straightened out to be competitive and rebuilding the defensive staff may be trickier

I'd of hoped they would of remembered it from UVA the year before, but that's how we get where we're at with that.
Completely different team and makeup. Before uga the team won 3/4. I think they have turned the corner. The culture is hard to instill. I think it will now be instilled by the current players onto the next batch. The team last year didn’t know how to win.

Next year's predication. 7-5

L- FSU - Ireland
W- Georgia State - GSU’s SB.
W- VMI
L- ND
L- Miami
W- @ VT
W- @ Louisville
W- NCSU
L- @ UNC
W- Duke
W- @ Syracuse
L - @ UGA

Completely different team and makeup. Before uga the team won 3/4. I think they have turned the corner. The culture is hard to instill. I think it will now be instilled by the current players onto the next batch. The team last year didn’t know how to win.
they weren't coached to win. They were coached to dance.
I think the "culture" (and I'm sick of that word, thanks to Clown) is pretty much getting in place, thanks to Key. Now it's getting the right pieces.
We're still very, very thin at some positions. Did you notice just how few scholarship guys were walking on senior day? We had just as many initial scholarship guys (2) from the 18 signing class walking as from the 19 signing class (Leonard is on schollie now but was originally a PWO, IIRC.).
And that great signing class of 2020 - just the HS guys, not the transfers - only has about five guys, maybe only four after Kennard going into the portal.
We are still really, really young. It's promising, yes, but with that little left from the 2020 class, guys would be seniors or redshirt juniors this year, it's also a little disconcerting. Thankfully, most of the 2021 class is still around. They'll be the seniors and redshirt juniors going forward.

they weren't coached to win. They were coached to dance.
I think the "culture" (and I'm sick of that word, thanks to Clown) is pretty much getting in place, thanks to Key. Now it's getting the right pieces.
We're still very, very thin at some positions. Did you notice just how few scholarship guys were walking on senior day? We had just as many initial scholarship guys (2) from the 18 signing class walking as from the 19 signing class (Leonard is on schollie now but was originally a PWO, IIRC.).
And that great signing class of 2020 - just the HS guys, not the transfers - only has about five guys, maybe only four after Kennard going into the portal.
We are still really, really young. It's promising, yes, but with that little left from the 2020 class, guys would be seniors or redshirt juniors this year, it's also a little disconcerting. Thankfully, most of the 2021 class is still around. They'll be the seniors and redshirt juniors going forward.
This is the new normal. We can get back to the Johnson years of being a tough out every Saturday but we have to win the portal game. We won’t win the high school recruiting game because 4 stars and above want the splash of signing day. But we can get them back 2 years later, like the DB transfer from Tennessee and guys like King. I said from the start of the portal, while many of you were and still are whining about it, that GT can be a big winner using the portal because of the sheer number of 4 stars from the Atlanta area that will use the portal. Let them have the flash of signing day then come home for their 3rd and 4th season.

Back