The Mouse Cometh?

"Put $9 billion on the table first and we can discuss, otherwise GTFO" is what Sankey will probably tell them. The SEC has no need to do ANYTHING else - including adding any more schools. If anything, they will attempt to crush the BIG12 and the ACC first, no lifelines, and then they will start to undermine the relationship they have with the BIG10.

"Put $9 billion on the table first and we can discuss, otherwise GTFO" is what Sankey will probably tell them. The SEC has no need to do ANYTHING else - including adding any more schools. If anything, they will attempt to crush the BIG12 and the ACC first, no lifelines, and then they will start to undermine the relationship they have with the BIG10.
I have a feeling the SEC and Big Ten are reaching critical mass with Greed. Some presidents are going to push back with how blatant it is.

Everyone of the 70 schools will be saved....but there are more schools than that. What about them?

The name alone should disqualify it.

70 will be expanded to 96, which is the perfect number for 8 12-team divisions playing round-robin with division winner and runner-up going into 16 team playoff.

96 would leave off Buffalo, etc., along with some of the recently-promoted schools that shouldn't be in D1 anyway (Coastal Carolina, etc.)

My experience is that anything "ex-Disney" people touch turns to öööö.

Actually that goes for anything Disney in general. Current or former. Disney is actively destroying beloved IP's and brands and have been doing so for many years now.

There is something very cult like about that organization.

Did anyone else actually read this "proposal?" $130 milion per year to start for Texas, Bama, t-OSU and dwags. $30 million for Tech to play Washington Generals to their Globetrotters. Here ends the competitive portion of Georgia Tech football history.

My experience is that anything "ex-Disney" people touch turns to öööö.

Actually that goes for anything Disney in general. Current or former. Disney is actively destroying beloved IP's and brands and have been doing so for many years now.

There is something very cult like about that organization.
Exhibit A:
1728399529794.png

Did anyone else actually read this "proposal?" $130 milion per year to start for Texas, Bama, t-OSU and dwags. $30 million for Tech to play Washington Generals to their Globetrotters. Here ends the competitive portion of Georgia Tech football history.
You do realize they would have the ability to make more money if they won more games right? I believe Tech would be in Teir 2 anyway.

Regardless don’t the Royals and White Sox have to play against the Yankees? There’s already discrepancy in payment in college football. I just want the games to be played.

Back