The Mouse Cometh?

I have a feeling the SEC and Big Ten are reaching critical mass with Greed. Some presidents are going to push back with how blatant it is.
Penn State has grumbled about the USC trip this weekend.

It's funny that a private equity group decided to name the proposal after someone who was charged by the SEC with a pump and dump scheme.

Penn State has grumbled about the USC trip this weekend.
Funny, I don't remember UCLA bitching when the Bruins travelled to Penn St's literally middle-of-nowhere campus last weekend.

You do realize they would have the ability to make more money if they won more games right? I believe Tech would be in Teir 2 anyway.

Regardless don’t the Royals and White Sox have to play against the Yankees? There’s already discrepancy in payment in college football. I just want the games to be played.
"You do realize they would have the ability to make more money if they won more games right?"

Maybe. "One proposed model suggests having eight “permanent” members of Tier 1, a move presumably to placate the biggest brands in the sport." In the end . . . they will lock you into your tier. And you'll like it.

"I believe Tech would be in Teir 2 anyway."

On what basis? Tech ranked 51st in attendence over the last five years. That's a solid Tier-3.

This entire idea is absurd. I wonder how much gambling money is involved. You know that's where this is going, I hope.

"You do realize they would have the ability to make more money if they won more games right?"

Maybe. "One proposed model suggests having eight “permanent” members of Tier 1, a move presumably to placate the biggest brands in the sport." In the end . . . they will lock you into your tier. And you'll like it.

"I believe Tech would be in Teir 2 anyway."

On what basis? Tech ranked 51st in attendence over the last five years. That's a solid Tier-3.
This is about wins and viewership I do believe

I have a feeling the SEC and Big Ten are reaching critical mass with Greed. Some presidents are going to push back with how blatant it is.

lol. They would be the first group in history to push back on the idea of making more $$$.

This entire idea is absurd. I wonder how much gambling money is involved. You know that's where this is going, I hope.

70 team league run by that group sounds better than the SEC running amok and having their sycophants in the media convince you that they should have half the playoff field.

70 team league run by that group sounds better than the SEC running amok and having their sycophants in the media convince you that they should have half the playoff field.
It would if Sankey wasn't involved but you have to know what a megalomaniac he is. From the article:

Note Sankey's exact words...

“I don't want to dumb down the Southeastern Conference to be a part of some super league notion with 70 teams that some people speculate would happen,” he said. “They want to be us, and that's on them to figure it out, not on me to bring myself back to earth.”

This is the same guy that wanted to throw all the non-P5 schools out of the NCAA basketball tournament. This isn't a guy you can negotiate with unless settling for whatever crumbs he's willing to throw on the floor is good enough for you. I have to think its inevitable that this little honeymoon between the SEC and B1G is going to hit a wall. Only when the rest of college football decides to exclude the SEC unless they agree to an equitable arrangement will an equitable arrangement happen. The SEC will never agree to anything other than an oversized slice of the pie for itself.

It would if Sankey wasn't involved but you have to know what a megalomaniac he is. From the article:

Note Sankey's exact words...

This is the same guy that wanted to throw all the non-P5 schools out of the NCAA basketball tournament. This isn't a guy you can negotiate with unless settling for whatever crumbs he's willing to throw on the floor is good enough for you. I have to think its inevitable that this little honeymoon between the SEC and B1G is going to hit a wall. Only when the rest of college football decides to exclude the SEC unless they agree to an equitable arrangement will an equitable arrangement happen. The SEC will never agree to anything other than an oversized slice of the pie for itself.
What if, and this is purely hypothetical… Sanky went for a little drive in a convertible Lincoln through Dallas if you know what I’m sayin.

From NIL, coaching salaries, etc there seems to be a lot of legally binding things being done with the expectation that the money flow that is currently going on will flow at that same rate, at least. I know CFB has only grown since inception but the finances going on right now is kind of..scary is it not? Or maybe it's just me..

This is horrible and would destroy college football for me:
"(1) Arrange more games between power conference programs by eliminating all games against Group of Five and FCS opponents; expanding the playoffs; and pitting blue-blood powers more often against one another."

I don't really want to watch college football if it's only the big money schools playing each other. Part of the fun is the diversity of teams, that a small school can upset a big one.

How the öööö are you going to call a plan that eliminates the little guys from college football "Project Rudy"? How does the name make any damn sense? As far as I can tell from reading the article before I got pissed off and stopped is the only reason it's named that is to pander to some Notre Dame ex-AD they wanted to get on board.

This is horrible and would destroy college football for me:
"(1) Arrange more games between power conference programs by eliminating all games against Group of Five and FCS opponents; expanding the playoffs; and pitting blue-blood powers more often against one another."
This is all Greg Sankey. Said the same thing during March Madness.

I'll give the guy credit - he's pretty much the guy responsible for the narrative that all the SEC schools should not drop in the ranking when they beat each other because SEC. And they shouldn't fall in the ranking when they lose OOC games because they are so beat up from SEC games while the OOC team is well rested having only played the other cupcakes in the non-SEC conference.

But at some point, this nonsense has to stop.

How the öööö are you going to call a plan that eliminates the little guys from college football "Project Rudy"? How does the name make any damn sense? As far as I can tell from reading the article before I got pissed off and stopped is the only reason it's named that is to pander to some Notre Dame ex-AD they wanted to get on board.
Because it saves nearly all programs who have played ball for 100+ years

Back