The Mouse Cometh?

"You do realize they would have the ability to make more money if they won more games right?"

Maybe. "One proposed model suggests having eight “permanent” members of Tier 1, a move presumably to placate the biggest brands in the sport." In the end . . . they will lock you into your tier. And you'll like it.

"I believe Tech would be in Teir 2 anyway."

On what basis? Tech ranked 51st in attendence over the last five years. That's a solid Tier-3.
Attendance is not the driver it used to be. It's not inconsequential, but in the grand scheme of things from the overlords perspective, it makes very little difference, and viewership rating carries a much larger stick.

It would if Sankey wasn't involved but you have to know what a megalomaniac he is. From the article:

Note Sankey's exact words...

This is the same guy that wanted to throw all the non-P5 schools out of the NCAA basketball tournament. This isn't a guy you can negotiate with unless settling for whatever crumbs he's willing to throw on the floor is good enough for you. I have to think its inevitable that this little honeymoon between the SEC and B1G is going to hit a wall. Only when the rest of college football decides to exclude the SEC unless they agree to an equitable arrangement will an equitable arrangement happen. The SEC will never agree to anything other than an oversized slice of the pie for itself.

The SEC's value would tank if they went it alone and made their own league. They'd have to add enough teams that they became a version of FBS again.

The SEC's value would tank if they went it alone and made their own league. They'd have to add enough teams that they became a version of FBS again.
And they would find teams willing to be patsies that would get paid quarter shares to get beaten up. Don't underestimate how teams would whore themselves out.

I like the 3 tiered approach with relegation and promotion.

I do not like the idea of some teams being “permanent” tier 1. That’s just horse öööö.

I also don’t like getting into bed with any private equity firm. College sports are shady enough.

My experience is that anything "ex-Disney" people touch turns to öööö.

Actually that goes for anything Disney in general. Current or former. Disney is actively destroying beloved IP's and brands and have been doing so for many years now.

There is something very cult like about that organization.
Disney's been sticking it in parent asses for decades, now they want to öööö football fans. Maybe that was Walt Disney's grand vision all along?

Just more supposedly not allowed political content by @Liberty
Disney own ESPN. They are colluding to promote the SEC-Big 10 super league along wiht a handful of chosen few (ND, Clemson & FSU, probably Miami). The rest of us are going to be kicked to the curb and playing in a designated inferior league or conference. I guess you're happy with the mouse dictating NCAAF winners and losers.

Sorry your butt is hurt because you're a mouse fan. They are a business and they realized milking 40-60 year olds of their money is a lot more lucrative than fleecing families. They've largely ran families out of their parks by pricing them out. They're about to do the same with GT. If you can't see the parallels, I can't help you but the ever astute ACC along with the members without curb appeal or money are about to be relegated to the league that doesn't matter, all courtesy of the mouse.

Disney own ESPN. They are colluding to promote the SEC-Big 10 super league along wiht a handful of chosen few (ND, Clemson & FSU, probably Miami). The rest of us are going to be kicked to the curb and playing in a designated inferior league or conference. I guess you're happy with the mouse dictating NCAAF winners and losers.

Sorry your butt is hurt because you're a mouse fan. They are a business and they realized milking 40-60 year olds of their money is a lot more lucrative than fleecing families. They've largely ran families out of their parks by pricing them out. They're about to do the same with GT. If you can't see the parallels, I can't help you but the ever astute ACC along with the members without curb appeal or money are about to be relegated to the league that doesn't matter, all courtesy of the mouse.
I'm not particularly a "Mouse fan" and my butt isnt hurt at all, tho it's clear yours is

I'm also not an ideologically driven conspiracy theorist that uses any excuse to blame your "enemies" for everything that happens on Earth

If ppl dont want to spend money on Disney stuff, or not watch college football, or direct (via alumni influence) what their schools do, they can. Your simplistic analysis betrays your words

using terms like "milking" and "fleecing" are driven by your world view. It's called marketing and sales by most

I'm not particularly a "Mouse fan" and my butt isnt hurt at all, tho it's clear yours is

I'm also not an ideologically driven conspiracy theorist that uses any excuse to blame your "enemies" for everything that happens on Earth

If ppl dont want to spend money on Disney stuff, or not watch college football, or direct (via alumni influence) what their schools do, they can. Your simplistic analysis betrays your words

using terms like "milking" and "fleecing" are driven by your world view. It's called marketing and sales by most
All conspiracy theorists are ideologically driven. It is a shortcut for thinking. We have a Georgia congresswoman who said with a straight face that hurricane Helene was directed through certain geographical area by government forces.

IMG_6649.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back