THE OFFICIAL Firing, House Cleaning, Night of Long Knives, Celebration, Disappointment Thread.

Well we missed a good chance at a win
1638118766584.jpeg

Burton and Popovich had to go. Thacker needs to go. I’m ok, but not thrilled, if Patenaude gets one more year, Key will be back, but the line play and offensive scheme better improve significantly next season. Collins will be back, and unless the ACC improves significantly next season, I expect six wins, with four of those wins coming in the Coastal.

If TStan thinks hurting underlings (good men with families) making low wages comparatively will satisfy, he underestimates the intelligence of this fanbase.

Of course, the ring leader should be gone, but if not, the #2s have to be gone.
Absolutely. Just firing these two underlings completely undermines anything that comes out of the mouths of any remaining coaches or Todd when they discuss accountability. Scapegoating two underlings is not accountability and it should be laughed at.

In both those photos, it looks like they are trying to hug a player. LOL #404theCulture

Absolutely. Just firing these two underlings completely undermines anything that comes out of the mouths of any remaining coaches or Todd when they discuss accountability. Scapegoating two underlings is not accountability and it should be laughed at.
I mean, it's barely noon the day after the season ended. At least give it 24 hours before you start make pronouncements.

Now following KQ on Twitter with notifications on. If this is how the news is going to come out then may has well get it from the sportwriter.

A fine start. Thacker and Patterdude's fates also seem sealed. Whoever is quality control on both sides of the ball would be another good change.

I’m not sure it’s scapegoating to start with a position group that continues to be worse every single game. The secondary has regressed pretty significantly over the past couple of years, and the technique is painful to watch.

That said, I do think there needs to be more accountability for HC/OC/DC. We’ll see what happens as the day goes on.

I’m not sure it’s scapegoating to start with a position group that continues to be worse every single game. The secondary has regressed pretty significantly over the past couple of years, and the technique is painful to watch.

That said, I do think there needs to be more accountability for HC/OC/DC. We’ll see what happens as the day goes on.
The offense and defense were epically bad in all facets. That is the coordinators’ responsibility and both of them should be sent packing.

The offense and defense were epically bad in all facets. That is the coordinators’ responsibility and both of them should be sent packing.
Agreed. All I’m saying is we don’t know what is yet to come.
Edit: And regardless of the decision that’s to be made on DC, this move had to be made.

That’s a pretty low bar for year 4. One year ago, what was your expectation for year 3? 3 years ago, what was your expectation for year 4?

Failure to meet expectations is NOT justification for lowering the bar.

I get where you’re coming from. I’m looking at it as doubling our wins from an abysmal season where, seemingly after the UNC game, the team looked worse with each passing game. And while I know we ended the season against two teams in the top 10, there is no excuse for looking so overmatched to where as a fan you literally wondered if the offense would cross mid field, let alone score. Given all of this, six wins looks good right now, but don’t get me wrong, I expect to win, well at least compete, in every game.

Agreed. All I’m saying is we don’t know what is yet to come.
Edit: And regardless of the decision that’s to be made on DC, this move had to be made.
Didn't realize that Burton also had the "Co-Defensive Coordinator" title. He and Popovich had to go- Safeties and DB play weren't just awful, they were getting worse somehow.

Something's gotta give with at least Thacker. Could be demoted to LB coach and bring in a more established DC. Also think something has to happen with Key / P'node. Good the changes started today- will be interesting to see what comes next.

Back