The Solution

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The solution is to go-to the board of regents and demand GT offer BA LCC degrees. If we start offering these degrees can get more players. Also add in a nursing program for fun. If the regents can give U[sic]GA engineering programs why can't they give us some super easy liberal arts degrees?
That’s actually the worst idea. If the BOR allowed that (they won’t and neither will GT) then Georgia Tech would lose its indisputable supremacy in academics and diploma over UGA….. AND UGA would STILL be a much better football program.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
LCC degrees are already child's play. If we're going to make a football degree, there are pelnty of places in there to hide them

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Tech should go private and hook up with Emory to become a dynamo. In Atlanta, Emory University at Georgia Tech...In Decatur, Georgia Institute of Technology @ Emory.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
I am, I don't think it hurts the school reputation at all - it may actually be better for us engineering autists to get exposure to some liberal arts haha. Makes us have a little bit of empathy, maybe, just maybe....

Also it would have been nice to have a bullshit class when I was doing 2 labs in a semester.
Empathy….I like that. Bwahahha

erikill

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s actually the worst idea. If the BOR allowed that (they won’t and neither will GT) then Georgia Tech would lose its indisputable supremacy in academics and diploma over UGA….. AND UGA would STILL be a much better football program.
Pretty sure UGA has us beat in some areas that we could easily take over (e.g. premed). Just saying a few non-engineering degrees might do us good.

erikill

Jolly Good Fellow
LCC degrees are already child's play. If we're going to make a football degree, there are pelnty of places in there to hide them
Sure so why do we keep killing them? Stac doesn't exist anymore

QuadF

Dodd-Like
Sure so why do we keep killing them? Stac doesn't exist anymore
Hopefully because people are realizing that liberal arts degrees are an expensive way to find a husband, but I somehow doubt that's the case.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
The solution is to beat Georgia and win another championship ourselves. They were on top of the world in 1980, then 1990 happened, and we had a 32 year reign. Their reign is 1 day

gtphd

What a time to be alive
The fact they can offer this in Athens (https://engineering.uga.edu/bs-electrical-electronics-engineering) why can't we offer the flip side down in Atlanta?
Did you see Michael Adams’ (uga President at the time) presentation to get that approved? I öööö you not, his argument was that GT engineers were too high quality and made too much. His argument was that there’s a need for low wage engineers in central and south GA. He argued, successfully, that those jobs were being filled by Clemson, Auburn, and Florida grads and that Georgia needed a program to compete.

Never mind that ugag really wanted an engineering school to split the State’s research funds or that the real answer to his problem is Engineering Technology degrees.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure UGA has us beat in some areas that we could easily take over (e.g. premed). Just saying a few non-engineering degrees might do us good.
Respectfully disagree. GT offers all BS degrees in the pure sciences.
GT is the way to go pre-Med, pre Law and Business Administration.
MCG and top Business Schools love Georgia Tech grads 3.5’s and higher in Chemistry and Biology. Organic Chem, P. Chem and Biochemistry, Microbiology and the awful Radiation Biology are very difficult. Engineering degrees over 3.2 are extremely difficult.
They make allowances for it.

GT science and engineering grads crush the MCAT. It’s kindergarten and a very basic easy test if you have been through GT.

UGA just has many more applications to medical school. That’s the disparity. Not the curriculum or the degree.

Letters of recommendation play a large part too. You have got to get to know your professors. Always sit on the front row and ask intelligent questions, provide researches correct answers and volunteer for extra work.

erikill

Jolly Good Fellow
Did you see Michael Adams’ (uga President at the time) presentation to get that approved? I öööö you not, his argument was that GT engineers were too high quality and made too much. His argument was that there’s a need for low wage engineers in central and south GA. He argued, successfully, that those jobs were being filled by Clemson, Auburn, and Florida grads and that Georgia needed a program to compete.

Never mind that ugag really wanted an engineering school to split the State’s research funds or that the real answer to his problem is Engineering Technology degrees.
Did not know that, will need to look more into this. Sounds about right and another slight at Tech. GTRI is huge entity with private and public grants which should stay there not up in the cesspool. I do give props to their vet school, but it would be neat to see a GT vet engineering degree given the advancements in pet medicine.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
The solution is to go-to the board of regents and demand GT offer BA LCC degrees. If we start offering these degrees can get more players. Also add in a nursing program for fun. If the regents can give U[sic]GA engineering programs why can't they give us some super easy liberal arts degrees?
Degrees don’t matter homie. It’s a $$ game now.

Helluva Entrepreneur

Varsity Lurker
The solution is for all of us to put our big GT grad money together and start paying, I mean "endorsing" the better players to play for us.