They mad bro.....

What a strange comment. GOL took over a program that was 1-10 in the year he took over. The very next year GOL got us a winning conference record, and within 4 years we had a Top 10 finish and a Heisman runner-up. Saying his record was mediocre really ignores what he started with.
Except for the fact that his accomplishments were AT GEORGIA TECH, the numbers were not spectacular when you consider what a program like Notre Dame would be seeking in a candidate. I grant you, he brought us back from the abyss, but his numbers were certainly not Urban Meyeresque. He was 3-2 in bowls if you count MacWhorter's win. My point was this: if O'Leary had the same numbers at Auburn or Texas or Oklahoma State, he wouldn't have gotten a sniff. It was the fact that he had done what he did at Georgia Tech that mattered.

Except for the fact that his accomplishments were AT GEORGIA TECH, the numbers were not spectacular when you consider what a program like Notre Dame would be seeking in a candidate. I grant you, he brought us back from the abyss, but his numbers were certainly not Urban Meyeresque. He was 3-2 in bowls if you count MacWhorter's win. My point was this: if O'Leary had the same numbers at Auburn or Texas or Oklahoma State, he wouldn't have gotten a sniff. It was the fact that he had done what he did at Georgia Tech that mattered.
I don't think so. When was the last time Alabama or Texas or Oklahoma State won only 1 game in a season? Not sure that's ever happened to them. But if it were to happen, people would be equally impressed with Top 10 finish four years later.

I don't think so. When was the last time Alabama or Texas or Oklahoma State won only 1 game in a season? Not sure that's ever happened to them. But if it were to happen, people would be equally impressed with Top 10 finish four years later.

Irrelevant to this thread, but I believe Bear Bryant was hired at Bama because his predecessor only won 1 game in the mid 50s. When mama calls, you come home.

I get a kick out of a thread, created to mock and ridicule a thread on a different fanbase's forum, turning into something that could be easily mocked and ridiculed by said different fanbase. It's kind of like a sadder version of the them looking at us looking at them phenomenon that happens occasionally.

I get a kick out of a thread, created to mock and ridicule a thread on a different fanbase's forum, turning into something that could be easily mocked and ridiculed by said different fanbase. It's kind of like a sadder version of the them looking at us looking at them phenomenon that happens occasionally.
Fortunately we don't care if what we say or do could be mocked or ridiculed by the morons that surround us.

(Is that right, guys?)

Back