They mad bro.....

Discussion in 'Football' started by jts1207, Feb 5, 2020.

1. aeromech

aeromech Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Curry was actually successful after leaving, winning the SEC his third season; but the fans hated him for 0-3 against Auburn (he couldn't beat Auburn while at GT either). I think some of the fans blame him for the Iron Bowl becoming a home-n-home series even when I seriously doubt he had anything to do with it. I remember it being a shock nationally when Curry left after going 10-2 with a team that was ranked #7 at the end of season.

2. Techbert

Techbert Dodd-Like

You are just being intentionally obtuse. You know better.

If your hero does something and regrets it three days later.... Then your biggest professional mentor does the same thing and gets destroyed by it... And you learn other examples of it turning out badly but no examples of it working out for them... Why in the world would you jump into the same thing?

3. WracerX

WracerX Dr. Dunkingstein

Loc:
    Somewhere in the early 80's
    Team:
    GT
    Bobby Ross won the AFC. That is also pretty successful.

4. wesgt123

wesgt123 Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Georgia
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Anyways, back to the dawgs being scared. They seem to think they’re on the cusp (I guess they are) or winning a natty. They seem to think we aren’t a threat to them.

I’d agree but only for now. We have a long way to go but have come a long way in the short time Collins has been here. He still has to win games, but he can win recruiting battles as we’ve seen. They at least notice us so that says something.

I’m beginning to wonder if Collins is trying to do what Dabo did with Clemson years ago. But the only thing is that Collins MAY be able to turn it around WAY faster than Dabo did. It took Dabo some years to build it up. I think Collins is trying to do that exact thing but with hyper speed. It is possible imo. We are in a factory area for elite players. His ability to brand and use social media could really be a catalyst for his goal. Time will tell but we could be on the map QUICK.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yukonwreck

Yukonwreck Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa, Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    CGC could be very successful here and still not reach your pinnacle of perennial winner, Top 25 team. O'Leary's case proved that other programs understand how difficult it is to be even moderately successful at Tech. But I agree, if he does win the division, maybe even an ACC title or two, some success against Georgia and he will be a hot commodity.

6. 00Burdell

00Burdell Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Parts unknown
    Team:
    Georgia Tech and whoever is playing Ugag
    :bowrofl:

7. wesgt123

wesgt123 Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Georgia
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Ok

8. Yukonwreck

Yukonwreck Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa, Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    O'Leary's huge mistake was embellishing his resume. But having won ten games only once, nine games only once and eight games only once, he got hired by Notre Dame. He was 36-22 overall in a mediocre conference, but he got hired by Notre Dame. If Tech goes to a bowl game this fall--even the Poulan Chainsaw Biloxi Classic, Collins will get phone calls.

9. Flywheel

Flywheel What year is it?

Loc:
    Tau Ceti
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I don't know about quick, but I do think he will take us high. Dabo is a superb recruiter and CGC brings that to the table as well. Dabo also benefits from a pair of elite and highly-paid coordinators who've passed opportunities to HC elsewhere. That's the next step for us along with more improvement in recruiting. I think Thack can get there. Not sure about Patenaude. Fortunately our position coaches seem to be dynamite.

10. GTCrew

GTCrew Well, I'll be...

Loc:
    Forsyth Co.
    Team:
    gt
    Is there any other team in the ACC that would have a thread about worrying that their coach might leave before he's even won 4 football games? Some of you people need professional help.

What I'm really, really stressed about and think we need a long thread on is how we are going to keep the head coach after CGC if that coach happens to have any success at all.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Yukonwreck

Yukonwreck Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa, Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Just off season conjecture.

12. wesgt123

wesgt123 Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Georgia
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Agreed. Jury is definitely still out on Pat. He has a short leash imo but he’s got more to work with this year

13. GTCrew

GTCrew Well, I'll be...

Loc:
    Forsyth Co.
    Team:
    gt
    This particular thread of conjecture is ridiculously counterproductive.

14. JJacket

JJacket 1st to pass for 2500 and rush for 1000

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Sustained. Stingtalker's are to disregard comments from the above parties.
    Proceed

15. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    ...then you've been taking him at his word.

And only a fool does that, don't you know.

They say a cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

16. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Nobody's ever left us for money. Alabama, the Chargers, Notre Dame... those weren't money decisions. They were the perception that a plateau had been reached here, and that a greater challenge, on a bigger stage was possible.

If someone wants to be in the NFL, we're gonna lose. But natural recruiters would be wasting a lot of talent in the NFL. I doubt Collins wants to be managing 32 year old has-beens rather than messaging 17 year hopefuls.

And with the CFP, the idea that only 'big programs' can win it all is long gone. Any P5 team now has a clear path to a National Championship.

17. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    What a strange comment. GOL took over a program that was 1-10 in the year he took over. The very next year GOL got us a winning conference record, and within 4 years we had a Top 10 finish and a Heisman runner-up. Saying his record was mediocre really ignores what he started with.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ClubSeats

ClubSeats Employee of the Month

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    TL;DR

19. GT98

GT98 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    parts unknown
    Based on what? The CFP 4 teams haven’t had much variety since it started.

There are about 10/15 programs with a shot to win it all based upon the current format. If the playoffs get expanded to 8 teams with an auto bid for a P5 champion, then sure, your comment would be valid. Until then, nope.

20. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Based on the fact that no undefeated P5 has been excluded, unlike in the olden days.

People inexplicably look at the format as the problem. What's holding all those other teams back, whatever teams they may be, is the fact that they aren't winning enough. It ain't complicated. Ain't no P5 team been left out that deserved to be in the Top 4 so far. UCF is a whole 'nother story and not GT's problem.

• Like Like x 1