This is a PJ defining game.

Morons? Nerds? Nerd-rons?

post-27756-Plato-Aristotle-Socrates-MORON-Unu1.gif

Re: PJ Contract ends Dec 2015 right?

I posted this in this thread what i think is achievable if we get a little leniency on admissions and find the right coach.
Except these two things are wholly unrelated. Increasing the flexibility in recruiting would help every coach, period. You can't add that as a qualifier to this discussion.

Re: PJ Contract ends Dec 2015 right?

I'd love to hear who you think we can get as a coach and what your realistic expectations are of the program given limited curriculum choices, APR requirements, and the Hill micromanaging our recruiting.

Ooo Ooo!

Will Muschamp! Will Muschamp!

He'll be available! He was our alternate choice last time around, right?

Seriously... until Paul derails the program, which he hasn't, were ööööing stupid for firing him for losing to a UGA team which has had one of the best 10-12 year windows of success in its entire history.

I hate UGA too and I hate losing this game. But you're trying to politic something you aren't clearly thinking through. Give PJ some additional support rope to recruit and see what happens. Next year's schedule doesn't allow for PJ to hide his lack of recruiting. If we need to make a change, it will be evident in my opinion next year based on those results.

I have decided that GT fans are some of the least objective/rational in all of college football. They think they can win the Sprint Cup with a pickup truck if they could only fire enough drivers.

Edit:

Until GT changes from being a pickup truck trying to win the Daytona 500, there is no need to fire the driver. If GT were to make the structural changes that benefits the Institute as a whole and the byproduct would be better athletics, and the result is the same as it is now, then yes...I could support a change in coaches.

But until then, I say we stick with CPJ and the results he brings us.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

Yeah, that.

33jacket - I don't see it that way at all. I think our program is fine. I would love to see TECH beat the Dawgs, but seriously, "a must win". TECH should not make this game any more important than beating VT or Miami or Clemson. I simply don't see it that way. I am sure Georgia would prefer to be playing for the SEC crown versus the Georgia award.
Lets get behind our coach and our players and root for a win!

All of your posts say one thing only: I LIKE TO LOSE.

Paul Johnson is not GT's saviour. He is a football coach that has been highly mediocre except for one season with someone else's recruits.

In a counter point to your bass ackward logic, we could also go the same route as Vandy, Duke and Stanford. One school beat the Dwags this year and another is top ten and the other leads the Coastal. But I guess it's easy to dismiss winning when you accept failure so easily or when your team sucks worse than Duke.

:rotfl:

Let me see if I've got this straight. All of a sudden Duke and Vandy are programs that we should aspire to be like? One good year (for Duke) and one good win (Vandy) and that's your new benchmark? Try turning your emotions off and make a better argument and maybe the majority of the board can take you seriously.

The anti-PJ crowd can't seem to point to the legitimate problem areas that PJ needs to answer for. The OL is #1.

Next year if PJ fails to get 7 wins which based on the schedule is highly likely. We play ND and FSU to go along with the same old foes, then that to me is evident that we are not recruiting well enough. That may be a coaching issue, but its a Hill issue first and foremost. Unfortunately, I just don't see PJ surviving with a losing record next season if we don't beat UGA Saturday. That may sound silly but beating UGA this week and all sins are forgiven.

Next year if PJ fails to get 7 wins which based on the schedule is highly likely. We play ND and FSU to go along with the same old foes, then that to me is evident that we are not recruiting well enough. That may be a coaching issue, but its a Hill issue first and foremost. Unfortunately, I just don't see PJ surviving with a losing record next season if we don't beat UGA Saturday. That may sound silly but beating UGA this week and all sins are forgiven.
No, it's not silly. It's the mark of a good season. Mark Richt has kept his job through bad years by beating us. Same would go for Johnson.

And even though I'm pretty ambivalent on the Paul Johnson thing (if I could hear the name of a replacement coach, I'd be guns in, but I haven't. I do, however, like Paul Johnson's offense and coaching mannerisms, but less so his results), I think if we get Jameis'd next year by our schedule, he's a dead man, with or without a suitable replacement.

In a counter point to your bass ackward logic, we could also go the same route as Vandy, Duke and Stanford. But I guess it's easy to dismiss winning when you accept failure so easily or when your team sucks worse than Duke.

We beat Duke, dumbass. Not to mention their OOC schedule is NC Central, Navy, Memphis, and Troy and they avoided Clemson and FSU and got Miami after Duke Johnson got hurt.

We could go 10-2 with their schedule too.

We play ND and FSU in 2015. 2014 schedule is light:
out of conference:
wofford
at tulane (now a bowl team)
at uga
georgia southern (now a fbs team)

atlantic:
at NC State
Clemson

We beat Duke, dumbass. Not to mention their OOC schedule is NC Central, Navy, Memphis, and Troy and they avoided Clemson and FSU and got Miami after Duke Johnson got hurt.

We could go 10-2 with their schedule too.

And wait, isn't Candy's record also 7-4?

We play ND and FSU in 2015. 2014 schedule is light:
out of conference:
wofford
at tulane (now a bowl team)
at uga
georgia southern (now a fbs team)

atlantic:
at NC State
Clemson

Yeah, 2014 should be 8 or 9 wins. 2015 is going to be much tougher.

Back