This is a PJ defining game.

33jacket

Dodd-Like
If Paul cant beat UGA at home, with their QB out, a backup with little experience, their best WR out for the year, a lame duck d coord and a uga team coming in with 4 losses, and a OL with two really avg or poor OTs what does it say to you if we lose?

To me this is the easiest and best scenario i can ever think of to beat uga in the past 20 years.

So would you guys agree. Easiest shot in 20 years all things considered? What does it say to you about pj and the program if we lose

For me it solidifies the fact we need to move on.

So if he wins it, are you sold on him for the next five years or just till he loses again?

So if he wins it, are you sold on him for the next five years or just till he loses again?

For me he should win it. So it does nothing for me. If he wins it i give him next year. Another 7 win season with big eggs to our rivals and he is gone. If he doesnt beat uga this year with these conditions fire him immediately. I know we wont but i would. If he doesnt beat uga for me its a countdown.

For me he should win it. So it does nothing for me. If he wins it i give him next year. Another 7 win season with big eggs to our rivals and he is gone. If he doesnt beat uga this year with these conditions fire him immediately. I know we wont but i would. If he doesnt beat uga for me its a countdown.

Being an ex-player, you should be able to see that not all of the blame is his alone. The players do a good job of choking out there too. Standing around to watch a teammate get body slammed and just bending over to take it up the tailpipe isn't exactly Johnson's doing.

The players have it on their minds they can't beat UGA.

If Paul cant beat UGA at home, with their QB out, a backup with little experience, their best WR out for the year, a lame duck d coord and a uga team coming in with 4 losses, and a OL with two really avg or poor OTs what does it say to you if we lose?

To me this is the easiest and best scenario i can ever think of to beat uga in the past 20 years.

So would you guys agree. Easiest shot in 20 years all things considered? What does it say to you about pj and the program if we lose

Uh, 2009 ?!?!

I think 2006 was probably a better shot, all things (including on the field talent of both teams) considered.

But I do agree this is a PJ defining game. If we lose this one, he'll be let go at the end of 2014, and GT will be on its way to Bill Lewis 2.0.

I knew people were going to start saying "Johnson can't even beat UGA with their backup QB" if we lost, as if them losing their starting QB means we were suddenly a much better team and were supposed to win easily.

If you're going to criticize Johnson, criticize his body of work against UGA, not the outcome of this one game.

Defining moment if ever there was one. Not sure you can hang every last bit on him but he's certainly responsible and people have been let go for less.

THWG

How can a game in which we are a 3 point dog be a must-win game? Pretty sure we weren't a dog in '09.

I posted on another thread, one of the many about the UGAg, game, that I obviously hope we win because in my eyes, a UGAg win means everything. However, a win also helps PJ's resume out, therefore allows him to stay longer, which I cannot stand. I want this offense and PJ gone.

That being said... THWG.

09 was a better shot. Maybe 06 too, though we were a 3 pt dog then also

So would you guys agree. Easiest shot in 20 years all things considered?

Not even close. UGA was 6-5 in 2009 against arguably the best team we've had in 20 years. Lost.

Next year, UGA was absolutely dreadful at 5-6 and we squandered multiple early turnovers and an opportunity to end their bowl streak. Lost.

Those were both easy shots. We messed them up. CPJ could easily be 3-2 against CMR, but we blew it those two years. Same with '06 as well.

I actually agree.

Tech fans will hate CPJ if he can't pull this one off. He's had plenty of time to build a program.

Starting the butthurt 5 days before the game is a new record, even for ST. Good lord you people are dumb.

Starting the butthurt 5 days before the game is a new record, even for ST. Good lord you people are dumb.

No it isn't. ST has been in perpetual butthurt mode since Thanksgiving 2009.

I think GT had better talent in 2009 --and the talent-level was a bit more even in 2006 (although the game was in Athens) than this season. But arguably, other than 2009, this is probably the best shot we've had since 1990.

It's a big game for CPJ in that 2-4 against UGA is obviously better than 1-5. I've always thought that winning on average one-out-of-three years is acceptable --and realistic. So yeah, it's a big game in that sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back