This is a PJ defining game.

I knew people were going to start saying "Johnson can't even beat UGA with their backup QB" if we lost, as if them losing their starting QB means we were suddenly a much better team and were supposed to win easily.

If you're going to criticize Johnson, criticize his body of work against UGA, not the outcome of this one game.

Totally agree. His body of work is speaking for itself so this game is a tipping point for me.

Beating Ugag seems to be more of a head/confidence problem than a "talent" disparity--'09 is a PRIME example, no way we should have lost that game. The team needs to get rabid mad about how they have sucked in this series. Athletes do not like to be told a team OWNS them--well--it's time to stand up and kick some cesspool pukes A$$!

09 was a better shot. Maybe 06 too, though we were a 3 pt dog then also

No way 2006 and an away game was a better shot

2009 because we were better than we are today and at home but uga wasnt as depleted as today either. I may give u 09 as equal to this year as our best shot.

Not even close. UGA was 6-5 in 2009 against arguably the best team we've had in 20 years. Lost.

Next year, UGA was absolutely dreadful at 5-6 and we squandered multiple early turnovers and an opportunity to end their bowl streak. Lost.

Those were both easy shots. We messed them up. CPJ could easily be 3-2 against CMR, but we blew it those two years. Same with '06 as well.

2010 gt was just as bad as uga and that game was at uga with our backul qb. No way 2010 was as easy a shot as this year. Yes uga was bad. But so were we and an away game. This year its home etc etc

I agree 2009 was our other easy shot.

2009 because we were better than we are today and at home but uga wasnt as depleted as today either. I may give u 09 as equal to this year as our best shot.

Vegas disagrees with you by about 12 points.

We had a much better chance in 05, 06, 09, and 10 then we do this year. We should have a great chance in theory with no murray and uga crippled with injuries, but in reality we don't.

Their offense will hang 40+ on us even with Mason at QB because Gurley is going to pummel us like Mike Tyson does a hooker. I also have no confidence in Vad Lee to win this game. So I don't see it happening. But I see what you did there. Investing in your own Butthurt futures, is always a solid investment strategy.

Their offense will hang 40+ on us even with Mason at QB because Gurley is going to pummel us like Larry Munson does a hooker. I also have no confidence in Vad Lee to win this game. So I don't see it happening. But I see what you did there. Investing in your own Butthurt futures, is always a solid investment strategy.

fify

Their offense will hang 40+ on us even with Mason at QB because Gurley is going to pummel us like Mike Tyson does a hooker. I also have no confidence in Vad Lee to win this game. So I don't see it happening. But I see what you did there. Investing in your own Butthurt futures, is always a solid investment strategy.

:rotfl: :bowrofl:

Unfortunately, very true.

33jacket,
I'm with you 100%. I'm already sold on releasing CPJ and this offense, but the point you make is very valid.

The interesting thing is that in 2009, we did have more talent. That is, in itself, an indictment on the man/coach right there. That means that he couldn't win in 2009 with more talent that he inherited. And since that point, he has allowed the talent to degrade and couldn't win then. Combine the 2 and that's grounds for giving him the old heave-a-ho right there.

God, I may actually end up watching this game now with a glimmer of hope only to see Gurley abuse us like a fat, loathsome Western business man abuses a Nepali sex worker who was trafficked into a brothel unwittingly with promises of legitimate work and a steady income to send back to her family in a remote village.

:rotfl: :bowrofl:

Unfortunately, very true.

33jacket,
I'm with you 100%. I'm already sold on releasing CPJ and this offense, but the point you make is very valid.

The interesting thing is that in 2009, we did have more talent. That is, in itself, an indictment on the man/coach right there. That means that he couldn't win in 2009 with more talent that he inherited. And since that point, he has allowed the talent to degrade and couldn't win then. Combine the 2 and that's grounds for giving him the old heave-a-ho right there.

But in 2008 he had less talent and won so its a trade off. Since 2009 he's had less talent. Not entirely his fault, but the gap is much bigger than it has been in the past.

2010 gt was just as bad as uga and that game was at uga with our backul qb. No way 2010 was as easy a shot as this year. Yes uga was bad. But so were we and an away game. This year its home etc etc

I agree 2009 was our other easy shot.

I'm not talking talent levels or how good our team was. We had an excellent shot in 2010 and shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly.

Opening kickoff fumbled by UGA on the 27. GT drives down to the 9 and fails to convert a 4th and 2.

UGA gets ball back, has to punt. GT again drives inside the 10 (5 yard line) and fumbles.

As a result of not scoring there and taking a few more minutes off the clock, UGA scores right before halftime to make it 21-14. If we don't kill ourselves on those 2 drives we are up 28-14 at the half (at worst 28-21) and the entire game changes.

Second half we tie it up coming out of halftime (potentially 35-21 GT now) then force a UGA fumble on the 9 yard line. We proceed to drive 15 yards, punt, UGA muffs the punt, we recover. We drive 20 more yards and fumble it right back.

UGA scores, then we get the ball back and fumble it yet again, allowing them to score a TD. At this point we are down 35-21, but it easily could have been 35 all or even a GT lead if we didn't continually shoot ourselves in the foot.

4th quarter we score, kickoff to UGA, they fumble and recover, proceed to go 3 and out. We score again, Blair misses the PAT. UGA gets the ball and fumbles AGAIN on 4th down. Rest of the game is GT 3 and out, UGA allowed to score, Tevin picked off to end game.

The number of opportunities UGA gave us to win that game will never be equaled. Ever. They fumbled like 5/6 times and we just could not capitalize. One of the most brutal displays of ineptitude I've ever witnessed.

The problem is, once a coach gets into a singular must-win-game situation, the writing is already on the wall usually.

The problem is, once a coach gets into a singular must-win-game situation, the writing is already on the wall usually.

But he's not and it isn't. Anyone who thinks the two lines of scrimmage are anywhere near equal, is dumber than uga.

Sure we can win, but it won't necessarily be because Murray is out. He doesn't play defense, and if we win, it will in large part be because we pressured Mason, and Murray couldn't handle said pressure any better than he will. Also, chuckle if you will, but losing our long snapper is far from insignificant. And finally, if Gurley is effective, Mason will look like John Elway.

UGAg has not had a coach with the fierce determination NOT to lose to GT as much as CMR has had since he arrived in 2001. I have to give him credit on that. He takes this game far, FAR more seriously than Jim Don_an, Ray Goof, and even Vince da Prince did. Those guys lost some pretty ugly games against GT, even though Vince da Prince was there for what..25 years. He had some pretty bad losses in his tenure, despite the long winning streaks.

CMR was hired thanks to Jim Don_an losing 3IAR, and I'm certain he got a long, heartfelt talk leading up to the 2009 game from some high-rollers about how important this game is to the dwagnation. I truly believe they fear losing to GT more than they do to any other team on their schedule.

GT will lose by 17+ points.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

I'm not talking talent levels or how good our team was. We had an excellent shot in 2010 and shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly.

Opening kickoff fumbled by UGA on the 27. GT drives down to the 9 and fails to convert a 4th and 2.

UGA gets ball back, has to punt. GT again drives inside the 10 (5 yard line) and fumbles.

As a result of not scoring there and taking a few more minutes off the clock, UGA scores right before halftime to make it 21-14. If we don't kill ourselves on those 2 drives we are up 28-14 at the half (at worst 28-21) and the entire game changes.

Second half we tie it up coming out of halftime (potentially 35-21 GT now) then force a UGA fumble on the 9 yard line. We proceed to drive 15 yards, punt, UGA muffs the punt, we recover. We drive 20 more yards and fumble it right back.

UGA scores, then we get the ball back and fumble it yet again, allowing them to score a TD. At this point we are down 35-21, but it easily could have been 35 all or even a GT lead if we didn't continually shoot ourselves in the foot.

4th quarter we score, kickoff to UGA, they fumble and recover, proceed to go 3 and out. We score again, Blair misses the PAT. UGA gets the ball and fumbles AGAIN on 4th down. Rest of the game is GT 3 and out, UGA allowed to score, Tevin picked off to end game.

The number of opportunities UGA gave us to win that game will never be equaled. Ever. They fumbled like 5/6 times and we just could not capitalize. One of the most brutal displays of ineptitude I've ever witnessed.

you are referring to what happened in game as a good shot. Well we aren't in mid game right now. This is pregame. And before the 2010 game, GT chances of beating UGA on the road with our backup QB were not better than they are today. If you remember 2010 game we were all pleasantly surprised at our efforts...I am talking pregame. Other than 2009...I don't see another prime opportunity like saturday

no butthurt. This is win win for GT and me. If tech loses hopefully PJ will be gone. WIN

If tech wins...WIN!!

Either way its a make or break for PJ I think., Edit to say I dont' predict he will be fired if he loses. But I think its the second to last straw, with a subpar next year being the nail

Vegas disagrees with you by about 12 points.

yeah and they really got it right! GT chance in 2009 i think was about like it is today....

Vegas does lines to make money not make the game even. Trust me...there are sucker lines all the time. This is one. And 2009 was one.

Back