THIS IS SHOCKING TO SOME, but NOT ME!!!

The Gnome of Zurich

Varsity Lurker
I guess Gailey thinks we dont need any practice...He gave the team Saturday and Sunday off, after basically a 1 hour film session on friday. That is absolutely pathetic. I feel sorry for the players that they have to deal with this laissez-faire, no urgency mentality. But it is no surprise to me, just thought some may want to be enlightened to the Auburn preperations. We have Auburn this weekend if he forgot but I guess the BYU game was good enough. Pathetic. Oh well, since we are nice people we have to give him the same amount of time as we gave Ross. Good luck this weekend. Have fun at the tailgate-hell I've spent more time on my tailgate than we have on Auburn game.

This stinks!! Sounds like the SAME PREPARATION for the UGAG ... only that was suppose to be 9 months. The week of the UGAG game he did the SAME thing.

What next???
confused.gif

Originally posted by wggjacket:
i think its 20 hr's per week including games.

i could be wrong though.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">wgg,

I remember the 20 hour figure...just not sure if that includes the game or not.

The last time we went to klimpsum with Friedgen as OC, their defensive co-ordinator made the statement that we ran so many plays and so many formations that he didn't see how we could get them all perfected in a 20 hour practice week.

Of course, we don't have to worry about that now because it is relatively easy to practice 6 plays a week.

And you wonder why we take a long weekend off after a debilitating opening loss?

Somebody clarify the 20 hours per week and what it includes. I would think that "practice" is just that and doesn't include the game.

Did they practice on Friday when they got back? How long are the practices per day, and does this include film sessions?

The fact that we are even wondering if the team is or isn't practicing is an indictment in and of itself.

If we had approached the Georgia game like it mattered or had been taking care of business it wouldn't even be raised as an issue.

20 hours is everything but the game. practice, meetings, film sessions.

Originally posted by 83jacket:
20 hours is everything but the game. practice, meetings, film sessions.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thank you.

so care to explain what's the big deal if they took the weekend off?

they started practice monday. they have 20 hours.

can we say chicken little?

chicken_little.jpg

I'm not sure what the hell is going on..We've got Auburn coming in and we're having trouble holding onto the ball, receiver and QB not being on the same page + etc. Why in the hell are we not on the practice field working on this stuff? And when is the last time this coaching staff made a halftime adj. that actually was for the better? I have never said anything negative about this staff before today but, this is hard to understand.

Originally posted by ylojk8:

chicken_little.jpg
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">CAN WE USE CHAN'S WORDS HERE, 'SENSE OF URGENCY'!

chicken_little.jpg
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">CAN WE USE CHAN'S WORDS HERE, 'SENSE OF URGENCY'!
That was before the season even started. It's here and those words abound every day. No time off, we're not exactly setting the college football world on fire! We've got things to do and no time to waste.

Get the players mindsets ready after the loss. Have practices and set the tone early! Mental motivation and direction from the get go after a loss! What chicken little are you talking about? I'm talking about grabbing that 'sense of urgency' and make it your MOTTO!

yeah, if we practice early .. we'll have to take off days just before the game.

then these chicken little fonts like *you* will come out and say how can you not practice just before the game?

LOL

I don't care when they practice. I just hope they practice fundamentals like covering up the football instead of carrying it like a loaf of bread. Man that was bad.

Does anyone recall if Watkins, Glover, Campbell, White, etc ever had fumbling problems? Just curious.

then these chicken little fonts like *you* will come out and say how can you not practice just before the game?

LOL
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Screw the rules. Let's practice 8 hours a day, every day of the week. That's what George would've done.

Originally posted by Beesnut:
I don't care when they practice. I just hope they practice fundamentals like covering up the football instead of carrying it like a loaf of bread. Man that was bad.

Does anyone recall if Watkins, Glover, Campbell, White, etc ever had fumbling problems? Just curious.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I do recall Dez having catching problems - his not 20-20 eyesight wasn't caught until he got to Chicago.

Originally posted by ParkinJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ylojk8:

LOL
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Screw the rules. Let's practice 8 hours a day, every day of the week. That's what George would've done.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Who said screw the rules - I talked about 'sense of urgency' and not letting a day go by without some practices, especially UNDER THESE circumstances! It's not like we are USC now, is it? Maybe if we were USC, Pete Carroll might have given his team a day off, they are ranked #5 in the nation and just came off a great victory for their program. A day off guys, nice job!

GT on the other hand lost to an inferior BYU team.

Let's see, last time I looked we weren't anywhere to be found in the Top 25 not even close!
confused.gif

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:

Who said screw the rules - I talked about 'sense of urgency' and not letting a day go by without some practices, especially UNDER THESE circumstances! It's not like we are USC now, is it? Maybe if we were USC, Pete Carroll might have given his team a day off, they are ranked #5 in the nation and just came off a great victory for their program. A day off guys, nice job!

GT on the other hand lost to an inferior BYU team.

Let's see, last time I looked we weren't anywhere to be found in the Top 25 not even close!
confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">get this straight. only have 20 hours to practice. will HAVE to take some days off. cannot practice every day. get it?

there's plenty of legit stuff to bitch and moan about.

YLO says:

LOL

You see, we need contact drills...desperately. Thats the only way we will be able to compete and hang on to the ball on Saturdays. Contact drills must be done early in the week.

Late week is reserved for walk thrus.
Point is that Chan's intensity is deservedly questioned. Giving days off is a reward. Reward for what?

Just read a great book; "Steel my Soldier's Hearts" by David Hackworth. Its his account of him taking over a lazy batallion in 'Nam, and turning it into a feared fighting machine.

The soldiers hated him when he got there, and loved him later for busting their butts into shape, and saving their lives.

This is not life and death at Tech. The point is that discipline builds character and confidence.
I just wonder how many Jackets thought they were going to win when Byu scored its second 3rd quarter touchdown, and took the lead for good?

Back