THIS IS SHOCKING TO SOME, but NOT ME!!!

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:

You see, we need contact drills...desperately. Thats the only way we will be able to compete and hang on to the ball on Saturdays. Contact drills must be done early in the week.

Late week is reserved for walk thrus.
Point is that Chan's intensity is deservedly questioned. Giving days off is a reward. Reward for what?

Just read a great book; "Steel my Soldier's Hearts" by David Hackworth. Its his account of him taking over a lazy batallion in 'Nam, and turning it into a feared fighting machine.

The soldiers hated him when he got there, and loved him later for busting their butts into shape, and saving their lives.

This is not life and death at Tech. The point is that discipline builds character and confidence.
I just wonder how many Jackets thought they were going to win when Byu scored its second 3rd quarter touchdown, and took the lead for good?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">you see we have only 20 hours and that includes walk thrus. we can practice only 20 hours and no more between 2 games.

we can use contact drills, no question. but we have only 20 hours to do all practices. if we practice early, we'll have time off later in the week. you'll see it as a reward later in the week and bitch and moan about it then.

what's the big deal if we don't work on the weekend and start off monday? had our game been played on saturday instead of thursday, we would have done the same thing.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:

You see, we need contact drills...desperately. Thats the only way we will be able to compete and hang on to the ball on Saturdays. Contact drills must be done early in the week.

Late week is reserved for walk thrus.
Point is that Chan's intensity is deservedly questioned. Giving days off is a reward. Reward for what?

Just read a great book; "Steel my Soldier's Hearts" by David Hackworth. Its his account of him taking over a lazy batallion in 'Nam, and turning it into a feared fighting machine.

The soldiers hated him when he got there, and loved him later for busting their butts into shape, and saving their lives.

This is not life and death at Tech. The point is that discipline builds character and confidence.
I just wonder how many Jackets thought they were going to win when Byu scored its second 3rd quarter touchdown, and took the lead for good?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">you see we have only 20 hours and that includes walk thrus. we can practice only 20 hours and no more between 2 games.

we can use contact drills, no question. but we have only 20 hours to do all practices. if we practice early, we'll have time off later in the week. you'll see it as a reward later in the week and bitch and moan about it then.

what's the big deal if we don't work on the weekend and start off monday? had our game been played on saturday instead of thursday, we would have done the same thing.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good points. Thanks ylo

Originally posted by ParkinJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Does anyone recall if Watkins, Glover, Campbell, White, etc ever had fumbling problems? Just curious.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I do recall Dez having catching problems - his not 20-20 eyesight wasn't caught until he got to Chicago.[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I wonder if this can be partially attributed to the non-retention of GOL's receivers coach David Kelley?

Good points on the time limits. Hope everyone gets this into their heads as least. Also good point spellingbee, makes sense to get into a normal weekly routine.

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
I guess Gailey thinks we dont need any practice...He gave the team Saturday and Sunday off, after basically a 1 hour film session on friday. That is absolutely pathetic. I feel sorry for the players that they have to deal with this laissez-faire, no urgency mentality. But it is no surprise to me, just thought some may want to be enlightened to the Auburn preperations. We have Auburn this weekend if he forgot but I guess the BYU game was good enough. Pathetic. Oh well, since we are nice people we have to give him the same amount of time as we gave Ross. Good luck this weekend. Have fun at the tailgate-hell I've spent more time on my tailgate than we have on Auburn game.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You owe the board an apology for this pissy bit of vitriol which had no purpose but to say that you despise our coach.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
I guess Gailey thinks we dont need any practice...He gave the team Saturday and Sunday off, after basically a 1 hour film session on friday. That is absolutely pathetic. I feel sorry for the players that they have to deal with this laissez-faire, no urgency mentality. But it is no surprise to me, just thought some may want to be enlightened to the Auburn preperations. We have Auburn this weekend if he forgot but I guess the BYU game was good enough. Pathetic. Oh well, since we are nice people we have to give him the same amount of time as we gave Ross. Good luck this weekend. Have fun at the tailgate-hell I've spent more time on my tailgate than we have on Auburn game.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You owe the board an apology for this pissy bit of vitriol which had no purpose but to say that you despise our coach.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are right. I didnt know the rules. I am sorry.

Originally posted by Beesnut:
I don't care when they practice. I just hope they practice fundamentals like covering up the football instead of carrying it like a loaf of bread. Man that was bad.

Does anyone recall if Watkins, Glover, Campbell, White, etc ever had fumbling problems? Just curious.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No, but I can remember a Virginia flea flicker going for a touchdown against us. Talk about poor coaching.

Coach Ross and Coach O'Leary both
always gave the team the weekend off after Thursday games. However, the coaches use thew extra time to prepare for next game. THE TEAM uses the time fo treatment. etc.

Which makes me question if a 8 day span between games is treated the same as the normal 6 days by the NCAA.

We played a game on Thursday,not SAT..If we did not use the full 20 hrs on BYU that week ,we could for Awbern.If we could and didn't ,it is an indictment on the coach.It certainly is not like we can't use the practice.duh!

There are daily limitations (4 hr)
weekly limitations (20 hr)
Competition hours DO count toward the max
One day off a week is mandatory

AlaGold,
If we practiced every day last week, played on Thursday, had a film session on Friday (counts toward max,) then by rule, we had to take Saturday off.

It makes sense to take Sunday off and begin normal game-week preparation on Monday.

Originally posted by Ramblinjacket:
always gave the team the weekend off after Thursday games. However, the coaches use thew extra time to prepare for next game. THE TEAM uses the time fo treatment. etc.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I was told by a parent of one of our starters last season '02, that Chan started the Sunday's off. O'Leary did not have Sunday's off and this particular parent said that was one things their son liked about Chan - no Sundays.

What's right here?

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Ramblinjacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I was told by a parent of one of our starters last season '02, that Chan started the Sunday's off. O'Leary did not have Sunday's off and this particular parent said that was one things their son liked about Chan - no Sundays.

What's right here?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Neither. And both. As long as the practice time is being used effectively, it doesn't matter when they do it.

For those who are grumbling about our practice schedule: try to figure out one just for grins.

Here is mine:
Friday: 3 film hours
Monday: 3 + 2 film hours
Tuesday: 3 + 2 film hours
Wednesday: 3 hours
Thursday: 2 + 1 film hours
Friday: 1 walk thru

originally posted by mustard

Here is mine:
Friday: 3 film hours
Monday: 3 + 2 film hours
Tuesday: 3 + 2 film hours
Wednesday: 3 hours
Thursday: 2 + 1 film hours
Friday: 1 walk thru
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I would speculate that there would not be eight hours dedicated to players watching film. The coaches watch the majority of game film and prepare position meetings and group time in pracitce and so forth based on what they saw on film.

A lot of that film study should be independent voluntary "homework"

Kirbee wrote:

A lot of that film study should be independent voluntary "homework"

Agreed Kirbee. In the new player's facility, they have top notch computer gear for the player's use. They also have a theater that would make Evander envious.

Back