THIS IS SHOCKING TO SOME, but NOT ME!!!

Doesn't the game itself count for 3 hours? Leaves only 17 for non-game activities per week

LOL--You got that right, Cropduster.

I think that total time devoted to football would be 20 hours which would include game time.

I remember that when I played football in HS about 50 years ago, we had to dress out before practice, practice, clean our gear, and then shower. A one hour practice could use up 2 hours of time.

So, do our guys have to count these extra times? Also what about travel time to games?

Man...What will it take to please some of you guys??? Somebody actually mentioned practicing 8 hrs a day...so when would these guys go to class and study...academics are important thats a proven point! I'm beginning to think Coach Gailey is danged if he does and danged if he doesn't...there's no pleasing some of you!!!

mustard, film time is supposed to count. Whether people cheat or not is another issue. Travel doesn't count IMO, it's included in the 3 hr game time. (I know, it takes more to get anywhere, but if you're home it doesn't so it evens out - or is supposed to.)

under GOL we had Sundays off but it was encouraged that you got a lift in on Sunday afternoon. If not, you did it on Monday.
Mon and Thurs are the shorter practices while Tues and Wed are the marathons. We used to call it bloody tuesday.

Under GOL we would have had weights on Friday after a thurs loss and some form of meeting/practice on Sunday night.

If the players watch the film on their own time, does that not count towards the limit? I am sure that at SEC schools don't count any film time because they would call that recreation, right?

56 was the 20 hr limit in place when you were playing? Just wondering how much change that might have made in how much time was/is spent during the week.

Well..according to the newspaper today..Coach Tuberville didnt give Auburn today Sunday off..He is preparing for Vanderbilt...Go figure...

I hope Coach Gailey gives our players every Sunday off....He must be on to something....

Back