This should be fun...Mark Bradley Article

BranMart

Vegetables taste like sad.
https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradl...ter-than-paul-johnson/iWQmyrOzbws0Cv6gPCYzTL/

But now to the heart of the matter: Do I believe the next Tech coach would fare better? Probably not. That’s not because I consider Johnson an untouchable. It’s because I doubt that Tech has the wherewithal to land a clear upgrade. For Georgia after Richt, there was a way up. Should Tech choose to part with Johnson, I’m not sure there is.

Mark still buttmad about the TaxSlayer Bowl I see.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradl...ter-than-paul-johnson/iWQmyrOzbws0Cv6gPCYzTL/

But now to the heart of the matter: Do I believe the next Tech coach would fare better? Probably not. That’s not because I consider Johnson an untouchable. It’s because I doubt that Tech has the wherewithal to land a clear upgrade. For Georgia after Richt, there was a way up. Should Tech choose to part with Johnson, I’m not sure there is.

False. Briles takes Tech to the playoffs.

tenor.gif

He talks out of both sides of his mouth when it comes to Tech.

Get the right coach and everything else - the money, the players, the support - will follow.

In columns like this Bradley tends to give both sides of the argument, which I like. Assuming we could get the 'right coach' (IMO a big stretch, because these guys usually favor places with significantly fewer challenges than Tech), how long do you think we'd be able to retain such a coach after 'righting the ship'?

Assuming we could get the 'right coach' (IMO a big stretch, because these guys usually favor places with significantly fewer challenges than Tech), how long do you think we'd be able to retain such a coach after 'righting the ship'?

The more these coaching conversations happen, the more I find myself in the "that's a good problem to have" camp. If a coach is doing a good enough job that he gets lured away by a factory, that means the program as a whole is probably doing well. Which would likely mean the job would be more appealing to the potential pool of coaching candidates, and we'd have more cash (than we do now) to throw at the next one.

Don't get me wrong, I do think there's something to be said for some consistency in the coaching department, but I also don't think being a career launch pad is the worst thing in the world.

Tech is not a dumper job with zero support from the administration. It's like we forgot we just got a new indoor practice facility and updated locker room. In addition there's consideration for a upgraded weight room. Isn't there currently an effort to raise north of 100mm of which 70mm or so would be for improvements to the edge center? Yes, we have a lot of competition but we're in the heart of fertile recruiting grounds. We have great school history and we're in a great conference. To think we couldn't attract or afford a great hire is ridiculous.

Speaking of Briles success at Baylor. Why didn't they win before him. They were the definition of a dumpster fire. I'm fairly confident they didn't start letting transfers in after he was hired. What I do know is no one on this board would ever blame his offense as barrier in recruiting.

Bradley has this supposition in his head about PJ and recruiting and won't let go of it.
If PJ didn't care that much about recruiting, why do we have a new players lounge and a new locker room and more recruiting staff, all things he has been pushing for? PJ himself has said physical superiority cancels all theory. That's empirical evidence Bradley chooses to ignore because it doesn't support his own theory, which has no basis other than that he thinks it - and it's the old theory of propaganda where if you repeat it enough, people will assume it's true.
Bradley would be better off sticking to things he believes he knows more about than anyone else. Let's just say I overheard Furman Bisher refer to him one night as "Dr. Naismith, because he thinks he invented college basketball."

Bradley has this supposition in his head about PJ and recruiting and won't let go of it.
If PJ didn't care that much about recruiting, why do we have a new players lounge and a new locker room and more recruiting staff, all things he has been pushing for? PJ himself has said physical superiority cancels all theory. That's empirical evidence Bradley chooses to ignore because it doesn't support his own theory, which has no basis other than that he thinks it - and it's the old theory of propaganda where if you repeat it enough, people will assume it's true.
Bradley would be better off sticking to things he believes he knows more about than anyone else. Let's just say I overheard Furman Bisher refer to him one night as "Dr. Naismith, because he thinks he invented college basketball."

There is 11 years of evidence that recruiting hasn’t been great.

Back