This should be fun...Mark Bradley Article

I believe in Tech. We've been written off before. When Dwayne Morrison was here, they said Tech couldn't get a great basketball coach who could recruit well enough to challenge UNC, Duke & the rest of the ACC. Then, we got Bobby Cremins, who proceeded to recruit great players, win three ACC titles, & go to a Final Four. Before Bobby Ross, the same things were said about football. Four years later, we won the national championship. Tech, not the puppies, is the last team from this state to win a national championship in football or go to a national championship final game in basketball. A lot of coaches would pass on Tech, but there are some who see Tech for the great academic institution that it is and are attracted to the challenge of rewarding Tech's commitment to academic excellence with the athletic success it deserves. The fact is that every time Tech has been written off in sports, it has come back with amazing achievements. Never underestimate Georgia Tech. Something great is going to happen to the Jackets. To Hell With Georgia!

I know Florida State's recruiting has been awesome for the past couple decades.

Fat lot of good its doing 'em.

they've won a couple of nattys the past couple decades. They suck now but are a competent HC away from being top-5 again.

Have not read the article, but is this the same M Bradley that said we would win the MBB National Championship about 12-13 years ago?

Last edited:
Wolken is a smart guy, Vandy grad who writes sports for USA Today. I know him a little bit and he's a good guy, too. He makes a strong point here. Timing is huge. There are "firing clusters" when it's the absolute worst time to fire and hire unless you're at the very top of the pile. However, it's too early for him to say with any certainty there won't be key firings in December. Just that right now, we don't see a lot of key hot seats.

Bradley's job is to stir the pot, hell if he knew what he was talking about he wouldn't be working as a journalist.
As for Bradley, also a smart guy--back in the mid-seventies. The last few decades he's been a barometer of the conventional wisdom. He had Tech going to the Rose Bowl to play in the Big Game in 2001. Other years, it's UGA. He's nearly always wrong, but he jumps on the nearest bandwagon and rides up front until it crashes.

Wolken is a smart guy, Vandy grad who writes sports for USA Today. I know him a little bit and he's a good guy, too. He makes a strong point here. Timing is huge. There are "firing clusters" when it's the absolute worst time to fire and hire unless you're at the very top of the pile. However, it's too early for him to say with any certainty there won't be key firings in December. Just that right now, we don't see a lot of key hot seats.

Dan Wolken is a paid hack who was exposed trying to help Currie sell UT fans on the Schiano hire. He has no journalistic credibility. My suspicion is he posted this because Jimmy Sexton wants to get some of his clients raises by interviewing for a P5 school and in exchange he will feed Currie some gossip.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...writer-to-help-make-greg-schiano-popular-hire

Dan Wolken is a paid hack who was exposed trying to help Currie sell UT fans on the Schiano hire. He has no journalistic credibility. My suspicion is he posted this because Jimmy Sexton wants to get some of his clients raises by interviewing for a P5 school and in exchange he will feed Currie some gossip.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...writer-to-help-make-greg-schiano-popular-hire

Wolken was a Schiano fan before Currie contacted him. He wasn't promoting an opinion he didnt believe in. He is also generally complimentary of GT, so he is okay to me.

Wolken was a Schiano fan before Currie contacted him. He wasn't promoting an opinion he didnt believe in. He is also generally complimentary of GT, so he is okay to me.
He may have been a schiano fan but the texts reveal an AD asking a media member to sell a coach and the media member says he will do what he can to help. Had his text said simply he was a schiano fan, would have been a different story. He is probably a GT fan because we are desperate to get our brand out there and so we willingly feed him into. Neither perspective is complimentary to Wolken or GT.

People that are fans of Greg Schiano have no credibility, at least ones that would even think he was the right man for Tennessee.

Back