This sux....need some football talk!!

I hope you are right [that Graham will be unrecognizable]. Based on last year, if he is our QB again this year, we will be in some seriously hot water. Not just in 2020, but for years to come.

He is an exceptional ath, but he ranked dead last in the ACC in QBR (35.8, #109 overall). If he wins the QB competition, that will speak more about the quality of this backups than anything else.

Disclaimer: I know he was a Fr/in a new system, and the OL will be much improved this year.

yep, Graham really struggleed last yr but why is important.I try to imagine Joe Ham as a Sr in the same role.How well would have done.With that OL--still not good.MAYBE 2 more wins.

Joe Ham as a true soph was not super impressive. Made some poor decisions, threw some gosh awful picks, and at times showed his promise. If Graham ends up beating out the competition, I won't be worried. Hell - he's a truly exciting prospect and a game changing athlete.

I hope you’re right, but I think it’s a little early to start making comparisons to Joe Ham.

IMO it would awesome to see him in a gadget-type role. Lined up all over the field. Get him the ball in space and let the highlights reel.

I trust CGC. The best players will play.

At this point, I just hope the season happens with everything that’s going on rn.

Who are you most excited about / interested to see in the fall? I think for me it's Antonneous. We could've used some strength and size on the edge last year. He's got 1 season to really bring it and show everyone what he can do.

On offense- I'd go with Marquez Ezzard. We've got some good talent at WR, but he can be a difference-maker.

Go Jackets!!
We win five-six if the offense can control clock and move the ball some. So i'm most x-cited about seeing improvement in the offense, particularly repairing the backward motion of the OL from 2019. That will be the key to improvement.

I'm excited (an not worried) about the D, as we weren't nearly so far behind there and i really think this coaching staff can coach up some D. to me, that's the difference between CPJ and a CGC team. If you look at the history around CGC teams, his D controlled clock and line of scrimmage and i expect him to build upon that aspect. He's a D-first coach, so it's not out of the question that we become the exact opposite of the CPJ era....ie a stable O with a lot of experimentation on D and with DCs. Let's hope we're not rotating through OCs at the same rate, going forward.

I'm re-watching the 2009 ACC Championship today. Wow - what a game.

Even though I was in attendance, according to the ACC it never happened.
öööö the ACC - ask Clemson if it happened. :)

How, in the name of all that is righteous and Holy, did we not crush the dwags into dust in the game right before this?

Last edited:
I got word that we are going to run the f out of the ball and that the hogs up front are working their asses off.
Running the F out of the ball isn’t going to matter if they’re also still running out of the shotgun on 4th and 6 inches.

GT v Miss St 2014 Orange Bowl on ACCN at 1:00 am (30 min).

Back