Thoughts from the Game

To be the best of all time you have to have some longevity. Retiring at 30 because of injury problems is a disqualifier. He is certainly a HOF WR and a top 10 of all time IMO, but not in the conversation of best of all time. He might've had the best statistical season ever, but this doesn't hold up over a 3 or 4 year period.

tenor.gif

What about best all time for college? That's how I interpreted the original post (though I guess I was wrong.)

The NG held on to the center that was releasing to the second level. The center did not want to engage the NG. The guard hit the NG that was holding onto the center. Worse off, holding the center releasing turns the NG and the OT hit him not in a good spot. Holding is very dangerous to the NG and if a coach teaches this he has no care for his players.

I don't think that is a chop block, but can be called if the ref does not see it for what it is.

That’s exactly what happened. CPJ has commented on that before. I think he spent a lot of time a several years ago educating the officials of the difference between a chop block and a defensive lineman being legally cut blocked while simultaneously blocking an offensive lineman who was trying to evade contact.

What about best all time for college? That's how I interpreted the original post (though I guess I was wrong.)
It is. But cornhole went off to the NFL, and I think it’s arguable there too.

Last edited:
Back