Thursday night BYU game @ Boddy Dodd?

GTjacket02

Varsity Lurker
I sent President Clough an email today with a request to let the BYU game be broadcast at BDS for students and fans. I said that I would head a committee and work with anyone...along with some other stuff.

Do you guys think this would be cool or not?
Would you come?
Should I even expect a reply from Clough?

I already have some fellow student interest.
I just think it would be awesome on a fall night to watch our beloved Jackets with a solely Tech audience.

Any comments welcome...

it might be better staged in the AMC.

nice idea though .. i'd turn out for either of those, at BDS or AMC.

How much will Braine charge for parking?
grin.gif

BOO

Thanks GTJacketO2! Really appreciate your email to Clough.

I'll be there no doubt. Would love to see it happen.

See Axe's AMC thought more feasible with Kick Off next month.

Really cool idea regardless. I'm there!

Go Jackets!

Not a bad idea. I'm sure security costs, OT and stuff like that will kill it though. It's a shame you can't just open the gates, turn on a few of the lights, turn on the big screen and let everyone watch from wherever in the stadium. I would even consider coming down from out here in the sticks for that.

heck ya open up BDS, open the concessions, turn half the lights on and lets party. That would be fun. We could even tailgate like it is a home game!!

Thanks for the ideas guys...
I'll keep you posted.

Anymore ideas are welcome, and I would be interested to hear, if this happens, would you come to Campus for this event? Y or N

Yeah...

This event is going to happen!
I sent the idea to President Clough, Braine, and Coach Gailey. All responded with what a great idea it was and were more than willing to help. President Clough seemed to be the spear-head, and kept in touch with me every day with updates about where it was in the process of being approved. Dave Braine was the man that approved it and assembled the committee responsible.

Now it is approved and is going to happen. I still have some leverage about what goes on, so if anyone has any ideas about what they think would be cool, let me know.
I think this event will be awesome, and hope to see lots of you guys there.

I am meeting with the staff on Thursday the 7th, tomorrow, in the President's suite to discuss everything. I would like to have some ideas from fans to take forward.

So, please let me know your ideas about this...

Unfortunately, I'm going to be in Hawaii with my wife during the time of the BYU game. Any chance you can talk Braine into making a call to June Jones to see if the Rainbows will turn on the Jumbotron there at Hawaii's stadium for me and my wife to watch it there?

Heck, that would be about the normal attendance for a Hawaii home game!

Great job '02!

I'd say ask them to let people bring in coolers and food and make it one big tailgate for the game. A few concession stands open for those that don't want to bring food.

Originally posted by GTjacket02:
bump...

Anymore ideas to take to the administration tomorrow?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well lets see.. ideas... I'm sure you want to have some people there that can take season & single game tix orders... You may want to see if you can obtain some sponsors that could provide giveaways... May be good PR to invite some local high schools bands and or cheerleaders to provide entertainment before the game or halftime... Make sure all the local media are invited down since halftime will coincide with 11 o'clock news (should make for good live shots)... May want to invite ex-players down and have a section set up for them... May want to have a live cam set up of the stadium during the game on ramblinwreck.com so those around the country who can't make it can see what is going on... Send an email about the event to as many season tix holders as possible if they have their email addys...

Awesome idea '02!

I'll do everything I can to be there. I can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow.

Did Clough mention where he thought it should be held?

Sorry for the delay...

I had a meeting today with the entire committee from the AA and the hill about this event.

Things that were decided for sure:

--Everyone will be admitted for free
--Free food for students, others must pay...(hotdogs, chips, popcorn, cokes)
--Will be held in the lower West stands
--Advertising will include, but is not limited to: WREK, GTCN, Emails & Newsletters to all Atlanta based Alumni and Ticket holders, The Technique, All administration speeches to students during the first week of class, table tents, and student center billboards
--Expecting at least 3000 students
--Will include Tradition's Night skits before broadcast and/or during halftime

Things still being considered:

--A 30 minute highlight film of recent game footage, compiled by the AA, to preceed the game
--Door prizes such as: plane tickets, football tickets, players'signed equipment, etc.
--possibly the Swarm and the Pep band to attend

There is already a significant group in place to handle these things and a test-run will be held on the Tuesday preceding the BYU game. This event is going to be marketed very hard to students, not sure how hard to you guys and others; so, let all of your friends know and attend yourselves.

I should be able to answer most of your questions, so feel free to post them.

Is it going to be shown on the Jumbotron alone, or will there be some sort of other un-sacredly large projection screen set up?

Back