Thursday night BYU game @ Boddy Dodd?

Originally posted by GTjacket02:
Sorry for the delay...

I had a meeting today with the entire committee from the AA and the hill about this event.

Things that were decided for sure:

--Everyone will be admitted for free
--Free food for students, others must pay...(hotdogs, chips, popcorn, cokes)
--Will be held in the lower West stands
--Advertising will include, but is not limited to: WREK, GTCN, Emails & Newsletters to all Atlanta based Alumni and Ticket holders, The Technique, All administration speeches to students during the first week of class, table tents, and student center billboards
--Expecting at least 3000 students
--Will include Tradition's Night skits before broadcast and/or during halftime

Things still being considered:

--A 30 minute highlight film of recent game footage, compiled by the AA, to preceed the game
--Door prizes such as: plane tickets, football tickets, players'signed equipment, etc.
--possibly the Swarm and the Pep band to attend

There is already a significant group in place to handle these things and a test-run will be held on the Tuesday preceding the BYU game. This event is going to be marketed very hard to students, not sure how hard to you guys and others; so, let all of your friends know and attend yourselves.

I should be able to answer most of your questions, so feel free to post them.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I nominate this innovative young man as the prime candidate to replace "Coach" Braine.

Heaven forbid that someone who gets paid $500k a year acutally have the vision that GTjacket02 has.

Great job sir! If I wasn't going to be out of town at my sister's wedding... I would most certainly offer you some of my flask that I most certainly would have snuck in!
blue.gif

To follow up on beeserk's flask, what's the stance on bringing alcohol? Can I bring a cooler or is it just like home games w/ coke and beam from the flask?

My suggestion is to make sure the cheerleaders are there! Maybe have them mingle in the crowd giving away t-shirts or something

Since I'll be back in Huntsville still recouperating from my ordeal, I'll be there, what time do the gates open, will there be a Braine speach and where is parking as I tire rather easily.

Is it going to be shown on the Jumbotron alone, or will there be some sort of other un-sacredly large projection screen set up?
As of now, the jumbotron is the means of viewing; we3 are working on another, because if there are 5000-7000 people, this may become a problem.

what's the stance on bringing alcohol? Can I bring a cooler or is it just like home games w/ coke and beam from the flask?
This was not decided for sure, but I'm pretty sure coolers will be allowed. Alcohol will probably have to be snuck in because we are drawing alot of funds from GTSMART.

My suggestion is to make sure the cheerleaders are there!
All cheerleaders will be in Utah...JV doesn't report until September. Likewise with the band, the JV will not report until September this is why we were forced to explore the pep band.

what time do the gates open, will there be a Braine speach and where is parking as I tire rather easily.
The gates will open at 8:30 with the highlight film, skits, and food. No speeches by anyone. Burge Deck and Student Center (old and new) will be open and all other lots are "fair game" after 5:00.

Great Job! Bee sure ESPN II knows about the event so they can have a camera there for cut-ins during prime time. I'm sure they'd be interested and it would show great support across the nation to recruits and others.

Originally posted by AFRJacket:
Great Job! Bee sure ESPN II knows about the event so they can have a camera there for cut-ins during prime time. I'm sure they'd be interested and it would show great support across the nation to recruits and others.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I was just about to say that. They do that alot with championship games and such. ABC did it at the Stanley Cup Finals this year. Once again, great job '02!

Is there any chance that we could hear Wes & Kim's
broadcast of the game, instead of the ESPN crew?

Back