TIL Josh Dobbs was an Aerospace Engineering major

And played for Alpharetta HS.

WHY did he want to go to ööööing Tennessee instead of Georgia Tech?
He was listed as a 3* pro-style QB coming out of HS. Plus, we already had Vad Lee, Justin Thomas, Tim Byerly, and Synjyn Days on the roster as QBs. I doubt we even recruited him.

Several schools in the south have BSAE programs. I’m sure he chose Tennessee because of the football program and potential shot at starting. He likely wanted to be within driving distance of home and play in a traditional offensive scheme. This eliminated GT as an option, no pun intended. This leaves Auburn, UT, NC State, or UF as power 5 choices. It likely boils down to which school pursued him the most.

While in college he also interned for Pratt & Whitney and supported F135 engine testing at the AEDC in Tullahoma, TN.

He went on a local TV station in Knoxville and recited pi to 48 digits from his memory!!
Kid has a genius level IQ.

Reactions: JC7
He’s a great kid from a great family. Met him a few times when he was in HS.

Triple just wasn’t the right O for him else he would have been in white and gold. Probably a good thing, because the lower west would have been ankle deep in semen if we had some NFL caliber boy genius, nasa astronaut, rocket man, playing quarterback. Only thing comparable would be Mark Price Jr playing PG and leading the nation in FT% while his dad was a special assistant shooting coach at the end of the bench.

He did beat the dawgs a few times, including once on a Hail Mary, so he’s good in my book.

Because he wanted to graduate?

Let’s put it this way. He came in off the bench last week against the Falcons having been with the team like 3 or 4 days and led them to comeback victory and led them to a dominating victory today. He could cut it at GT I’m sure.

Both his parents are professionals or educators so I’m pretty sure he’s a smart cookie.

He’s a great kid from a great family. Met him a few times when he was in HS.

Triple just wasn’t the right O for him else he would have been in white and gold. Probably a good thing, because the lower west would have been ankle deep in semen if we had some NFL caliber boy genius, nasa astronaut, rocket man, playing quarterback. Only thing comparable would be Mark Price Jr playing PG and leading the nation in FT% while his dad was a special assistant shooting coach at the end of the bench.

He did beat the dawgs a few times, including once on a Hail Mary, so he’s good in my book.
That was a very memorable moment for me, it was my nephew’s wedding day. He grew up in Dalton and his friends were either Tennessee or uga fans. It was glorious watching those uga fans react to that Hail Mary.

Back