TIL Josh Dobbs was an Aerospace Engineering major

I heard that he graduated with TWO degrees and had a 4.0 GPA. Dayum! And he seems like a good guy. Yes, I wish Tech had recruited and signed him.

What he did last week having been with the Vikings for four days was incredible. And he backed it up today. I'm rooting for him.

A TN AE grad was the president of the aeronautic side of a major defense contractor until his retirement a decade ago.

IMG_3932.jpeg

So I'm very familiar with Dobbs, he actually was going to Arizona before Butch Jones was hired and flipped him to UT. He didn't play a lot early on and people said it was because he didn't look good in practice. But when he finally got in a game the lights hit the field and the kid was a baller. I think that may be it too in the NFL as to why he hasn't gotten a starting job is because maybe he still doesn't look great in practice. Will never forget the dobb-nail boot although I guess I'm paying for it now watching uga go undefeated until the end of time...

I'm also a bit surprised that more GT people aren't aware of UT's Space Institute, it's literally it's own campus in Tullahoma TN dedicated to aerospace and defense. I would have to go back and look but I actually believe that is why Dobbs was going to AZ in the first place was their degree. One of the few top level athletes to actually choose college based on... college!

He’s a great kid from a great family. Met him a few times when he was in HS.

Triple just wasn’t the right O for him else he would have been in white and gold. Probably a good thing, because the lower west would have been ankle deep in semen if we had some NFL caliber boy genius, nasa astronaut, rocket man, playing quarterback. Only thing comparable would be Mark Price Jr playing PG and leading the nation in FT% while his dad was a special assistant shooting coach at the end of the bench.

He did beat the dawgs a few times, including once on a Hail Mary, so he’s good in my book.
That 2016 UT@UGA game is burned into my skull. I thought my team had that game won. Nope. Dobbs killed stabbed us in the heart. He ran all over the Falcons a few weeks ago just to remind me. Love that kid though. Smart, humble, and tough.

Back